Popping In Elbow

dubthewonderscot

Hey guys, I had Eric and his very patient and kind wife over to the house last night for some bending, well, eric and I bent, she sat on the side, filmed, watched, and I have no doubt thought we were nuts. In the process, I bent my first blue nail, at about 90 degrees on my initial bend I felt a pop on the inside of my right elbow and a little numbness. I finnished of the nail but my arm didn't hurt but felt goofy the rest of the night. My first fear was my ulnar nerve had snapped in two much like baseball pitchers have happen from time to time due to the tourqe on the elbow. Well this morning there is no bruising, and I have full range of motion and full tactile sensation all over my hand which makes me feel this was not a nerve problem. But I do have some soreness and a little pain when I curl my wrist in in a semi-supinated manner with my wrist turning to the inside somewhat. The pain is right at the inside of my elbow proximal to the elbow and distal from my wrist.

Anyone experienced this? Is it a muscle strain, tear, tendon strain?

Just curious so I can know how to rehab it and get back to bending.

thanks!

Weldon

I would guess it's just a tendon strain. Take 'er easy for a week, apply hot and cold as needed, and then start working on light bending as the pain allows.

Sounds very much like medial epiondilitis

better get it checked out by a pysical therapist to be on the safe side (incase its refered pain from another area)

Ive got it now and get it alot with tennis elbow from my training. when i go intense, things inflame, swell and bingo! :cry

Elasticated bandage on the arm at night and during training.

stretching, massage and either heat or ice (depening which makes it feel batter). also a topical or oral anti inflamatory will let it settle but if its as bad as you say, these precautions will only prevent it getting worse. youd need active resta nd back off 100% bends for about 4 weeks to allow the inflamation to settle.

best off ging to a sports therapist tho

good luck

Walk it off Weldon! :laugh

Really, I think after a week or so of rest you'll be able to gauge your level of recovery with some light bending. I'd say just play it by ear and listen to your body. And a big CONGRATULATIONS on your first blue!!!

Edited by EricMilfeld

• 2 weeks later...

Weldon,

I work as a physical therapist assistant, however not in sports medicine, but I would say take some ibuprofen on a consistant basis over the next few days, and when you feel up to it start out with some light bending. I suspect a light strain, it could indeed be similar to tennis elbow and you may have a little trouble with inflamation for a week or two, but doesnt sound serious. If for some reason it dont get better in a couple weeks you might want to go and see someone......Otherwise train on...I just am not one to rush in and see a DR cause 90% of the time the body will heal itself if just given time...I have been working thru a partial rotator cuff tear for 3 months all without a Dr, but I do have the luxuary of working with Physical therapist who give me good advice.....Plus I am a cheap SOB...Brett