My First 60d

Gomez555

I’m a long-time lurker but couldn’t resist posting my small accomplishment this evening.

I’ve been bending since early December and my initial goal was to eventually bend a 60d. I started conservatively with 8”x1/4” CRS and tried to progress weekly. It took me a month to get down to a 6” piece. I purchased some 60d’s at that time for motivation and testing. I couldn’t even kink one. I continued with the 6” CRS and added levering to my workouts.

I wasn’t planning to bend tonight but felt great and decided to go for it. I managed a decent kink and then switched to the Holle style to finish. It took about 5 minutes total. Here are the pics (larger originals are in the sub-folder):

Pictures

The one on the left is the 60d. The short piece next to it is my previous best with cut CRS. The long piece is the first piece I bent in December.

Consistency is the next step. Confidence is here. :)

Go Gomez!

Your first 60D: a moment you'll never forget!

Congratulations!! That is awesome! :rock

Awesome job. Bending a 60D is a huge step up. Way to go. :rock

Great job I just bent my first one in jan. I am still looking for the so called easy 60 d nails, mine are all way tougher than the blue.. Also since bending 60's my wrists and palms are killing me, dont overdue it too much...Brett

I just bought alot of 60d nails. No consistancy in strength though or length. Also where can I get a grade 5 that is longer thern 4 inches.

Also where can I get a grade 5 that is longer thern 4 inches.

ACE is the place. Their selection is awesome. A full wall of 2's, 5's, and 8's and even 12's?. A benders dream...