What A Difference...

EricMilfeld

Well, three days after my last workout catostrophe I'm back on top again. Per Chrisof4's request, I'll tell you about it. Okay, so actually I was gonna tell you all about it anyways, cuz I'm unable to keep stuff like this to myself. :laugh

First off, I decided to start training with some straight bars from up at chin level, using the double overhand technique. This went well, as I was able to do several blues in this fashion, despite the poor leverage I feel using this technique. But like Terminator, I'm discovering that I'm requiring less and less of a kink before I can take it to the double overhand position and finish it off.

Then I went for the 250 kilo that stumped me last workout. I first tried to increase the kink using the reverse grip style. No go! So I then took it up high using double overhand, and bent it to completion. I was stoked! I then repeated the same scenario with that 5 1/2" grade 5 from that last tragic workout. The 250 bend, being so short (5 3/4") was the toughest time I've ever had with a bend. It turned into one of my patented 10 minute brawls! I have the blisters to prove it.

So here's my new routine I'm gonna try: Day one- double overhand bends. Day two- my usual Terminator technique. I'll continue bending every three days.

Thank you great guys of the Gripboard for all the help and encouragement! :rock

Good job Eric way to go!!! :rock

Everybody has those bad workouts.

I do more than others lol. But then now and again

I have the pr nights that keep me motivated.

Bad workouts suck! It sure feels good to bounce back though......

Way to bounce back!

Great job, Eric!!! :rock

I just knew you would have a positive report for your next workout. Way to stick with that tough bend and wrestle it down!! I wrestled a few tough ones myself tonight, though they still are not in your class. :bow

Keep those workout reports coming!

Chris

Thanks everyone!

I may have been a bit too ambitious shootin for the grd 8 by month's end, but I'm gonna give it a try Friday, anyways. From what I hear, the 260 bar may be a more reasonable short term goal to pursue, before the big bad bolt.

Good Luck Friday Eric!!! :rock

Get us some pics of the damage

you inflict on that G8!!

Thanks everyone!

I may have been a bit too ambitious shootin for the grd 8 by month's end, but I'm gonna give it a try Friday, anyways. From what I hear, the 260 bar may be a more reasonable short term goal to pursue, before the big bad bolt.

Give it hell. I want to have a crack at it soon myself. I'm just gonna keep my confidence high and tell myself it can't be that much harder than the Grade 5. :blink:laugh One of these next sessions.