Terminator-congratulations

hublifter

Terminator,

Congratulations on the one-year anniversary of your destruction of the IM Red nail. Thank you for having the integrity to publicly document such a pure feat of strength.

Thank you sir! The January 23rd bend (pictures in gallery and Iron Grip) was actually the second complete strict bend I was fortunate enough to complete. The first happened on January 12th, sans pictures of course as it was a bit of a surprise.

All I can say is "oh what a difference a year makes". Much more fun to come!

Thanks for remembering :D

Congrats Pat! Will Ironmind have to make something called a black nail for you?

Congrats Pat! Will Ironmind have to make something called a black nail for you?

I want one......I'm ready!!!

What the diameter on the red? 5/16''? You could just get some 3/8'' crs and cut it to lenghts.

That's a pretty mad jump. That's what makes teh Blue to Red such a gap. I'd venture the guess they'd need to go into some of the metric stuff. Personally, i think Horne's got the best concept going with calibrated challenge bars. At least 270k, 310k, etc etc provide insight into what you're actually bending.

What the diameter on the red? 5/16''? You could just get some 3/8'' crs and cut it to lenghts.

12"x3/8" spikes would be a nice goal for an unbraced bend. Even a really soft one would be a major feat.

12"x3/8" spikes would be a nice goal for an unbraced bend.  Even a really soft one would be a major feat.

But what are you actually bending? Who knows? It's the same problem with actual nail bending. Today I bent one of the 60d's that Pexter/Dave use and sent me, then one of mine, another one of theirs, and there's a discernible difference. Then I did some 40d's for burnout and the variation on those were outrageous. 3 different kinds, 3 different strengths. Even noticed a decent variation between 2 that were "the same". Bending items of hardware make for neat party tricks, I'll admit that. They are items that people can relate to. But there's a lack of standard for those general-use nail strengths, and it shows. I think the closest thing to reliable hardware bends is Graded Bolts, but even then there are inter-brand variations reported by people. "C is harder than JH" etc.

So I dunno. I'm rambling here, but I think that the calibrated bars are pretty much the only legitimate bending measuring stick. Or actual IM bars, as long as they remain with a constant source, but I think an inherent flaw there is the lack of information.

Edited by CMunger

As Pat knows we have some pretty scary pieces of steel lined up.

There is no peak to this stuff.

David

What an intoxicating thought that is. Can't wait to see what the years will bring; for all of us.