Sorry Workout

EricMilfeld

Who says you're only supposed to post about your great accomplishments and knockout workouts? I had a truly pathetic bending workout last night! Let's see, first I failed with what was about a 250 kilo bar, atleast a half dozen times. I then attempted redemption on a 5 1/2" grade 5 with no redeeming results. But that's not all. I was on a roll. Now it was time to increase the kink in my grade 8 bolt. I was psyched! But the only kink to occur was the one in my left wrist. Okay, so if at first you don't succeed, try again when you get home from work after pulling a few sets of heavy deads to get the juices flowin. Now it was time to wrap up that 250 bar again, and after a truly awe inspiring, valiant attempt, I was the one all wrapped up!

I heard someone say it's always best to set atleast some kind of PR in each and every workout. I did. Most failed attempts in a single workout. :rock

Edited by EricMilfeld

Eric,

Don't feel bad. I've been training over 20 years and there have been many of these sessions. I just forget about them as soon as I finish. It's a long path and you'll get there.

David

It is "funny" when everything goes wrong, you start to hear those negative voices inside of you. Usually after 10 minutes you are back again, feeling better again, and figuring out what went wrong and thinking out a new plan to overcome the problem. When I think about it, it is those bad days that really are important, because thats when you really start to think. If it werent for the bad days, I would not have come up with all of those good ideas and methods that now are the cornerstones of my training. You never learn more than when things go wrong.

"The most important thing is not to never fall, but being able to rise after each and every fall." - Chinese proverb

Had a similar experience with a 5.5" grade 5 myself on tuesday night Eric. Then got defeated by a 247.5 challenge bar. You are not alone but at the end of the day it's just another workout.

Ah, but you did succede in stimulating your hands, increasing their toughness and resiliance to pain. You will heal and come back stronger, even if the work out appeared to suck.

Thanks for sharing your failures as well as your successes. As a newbie, it is easy to believe the veterans never have days like this. You can believe I will remember your account and be encouraged the next time I have an especially tough workout.

On your next workout, when you blow the doors off everything you try, make sure you let us know that too! :rock

Chris

Thanks for sharing your failures as well as your successes. As a newbie, it is easy to believe the veterans never have days like this. You can believe I will remember your account and be encouraged the next time I have an especially tough workout.

I completely agree - in some ways I think this is more inspirational than reading about all of the great feats performed here. You guys are human, too ;)

Don't sweat it Eric.

You may need to take a week off of bending to heal and recover.

You will destroy a grade 8 and a Red in no time Bro.

:rock

I wouldn't let it get you down everyone has shitty workouts or else we would all be bending cut red nails. Having a bad workout sometimes can put things in perspective and make your following workouts that much more productive. There's a quote from michael jordan which sums it up pretty well.

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost more than 300 games. Twenty-six times I've been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life... And that is why I succeed."

:laugh Well, ditto the rest thing. I was still feeling Sat's bends a little bit, btu did a tough 40d anyways yesterday in the truck. The amount of effort I had to put into it was disturbing. The Grade 5 went down easier than that thing did. :blink I'm thinking I might go down to just bending once per week, period.

Thanks a million for all the helpful advice and words of encouragement, grip brothers!!! I'm feelin better already, as should anyone who's recently had an off day and was then fortunate enough to read those great posts! :D

Eric, I know the feeling. Only I pack it up and call it quits much earlier than you do. You're one tenacious mother. At least your are walking away from this workout without something strained/sprained. Live healthy to train again another day! I mean, you have practically doubled your bending strength in a matter of months, and even passed up everyone that was once stronger than you. What more can you ask for, you greedy bastard?! :laugh:laugh

I'm just kidding. You are an excellent bender, you have made phenomenal progress because you have busted your a**, you will bend the grade 8 and then the red. These things I have no doubt in my mind.

If you didn't have shitty workouts once in a while, how would you know when you had a great one? :)

Remember, the bar you kinked isn't half-straight, it's half-bent!

Just your bodys way of takin a little time off.

Who says you're only supposed to post about your great accomplishments and knockout workouts? I had a truly pathetic bending workout last night! Let's see, first I failed with what was about a 250 kilo bar, atleast a half dozen times. I then attempted redemption on a 5 1/2" grade 5 with no redeeming results. But that's not all. I was on a roll. Now it was time to increase the kink in my grade 8 bolt. I was psyched! But the only kink to occur was the one in my left wrist. Okay, so if at first you don't succeed, try again when you get home from work after pulling a few sets of heavy deads to get the juices flowin. Now it was time to wrap up that 250 bar again, and after a truly awe inspiring, valiant attempt, I was the one all wrapped up!

I heard someone say it's always best to set atleast some kind of PR in each and every workout. I did. Most failed attempts in a single workout. :rock

Anyone that DOESN'T have an OFF day is full of it! Some of my best workouts are

when i'm my weakest,It makes you try that much harder. You WILL come back stronger ;)