Forearm Workout - Rice And A Bucket

raziel

Figured this exercise might be old hat for some, but I'll post it anyhow. I get a fantastic forearm workout from two simple things:

5 gallon bucket

enough rice to nearly fill it

I dig my hand in and bury my arm to nearly the elbow. With my buried hand I make a semi-fist and then circle the fist in a clockwise direction 20 times, then ccw for 20 times. After a few rounds of this it feels like you're trying to mix cement!

I also grab handfuls of the rice repeatedly for general hand health.

This is a great exercise and really gets the blood pumping. It burns the forearms like a wrist roller with a bit more range of motion, IMO.

And if circling the fist becomes too easy, you can always try circling an open hand :whacked

oh, and get a tight lid to keep critters out of the rice. i don't want to think how it would feel to dig your hand down one time and feel something else moving. . .

some moths love to get into rice, they breed in it and b4 you know it you have more bugs than rice! nasty bastards, :angry: i never thought i could hate moths so much.

This circular motion doesn't bother your wrist? I've implimented circular resistance before and all it gave me was some serious tendonitus.

My wrists feel fine after the workout, and my forearms feel bulletproof :D

Foggy- what sort of circular resistance were you working?

I think I might have some pain trying to circle around a heavy sledge, but this rice feels more like a lower weight/ higher rep type of exercise.

I was using a textbook, a fat heavy Norton Anthology, basically a summery of every good work of American literature. Yeah, I was twirling that around in a few directions, made me see a physical therapist, he said the muscle structure of the wrist doesn't allow for heavy restance in the circular motion. A tendon on my left wrist still bothers me in certain positions. This rice sounds good, but I'd lay off the sledge IMO.