Grip Gadgets

f1perez

Hi to all, I was wondering if one had to pick one grip device or gadget, which would you choose? Grippers as we all know are good for developing crushing strength and strong fingers.

Block weights= grip strength according to John Brookfield. They are great for pinch gripping and developing strong thumbs. I also believe they can improve ones sustaining grip strength by doing farmer's walks, and holds for time.

Sledgehammers improve your wrist strengh along with your forearms, they are a must for armwrestlers and any sport involving the use of strong wrsts.

wrist rollers are another wrist and forearm devolper. I also believe that they also strengthen your fingers because as you are rolling your fingers come into play.

Thick bar training strengthens your entire lower arm including all the digits of the hand. Also a great thumb developer. For some reason most of the post indicate that peoples crushing strength plummets while working on thick bars. Maybe it's because they aren't fully recovered from there thick bar training.

These are all excellent devices but which has the greatest carry over effect on all aspects of grip strength? Your input will greatly be appreciated.

If you only gave me one option, I'd choose thick dumbell handles. You can load one end and have a thick handled leverage bar for wrist work. Or use them for a total body workout and develope a monster grip while doing it.

If you seriously could only chose one:

2x25lb plates. Then you could do pinches and add weight. You could also still do wrist curls and finger walking for dexterity.

or

Thick bar. If you only did thick bar for the rest of your lifting career, you wouldn't be disappointed.

or

Block weights. They do equal hand strength.

or

2 sledge hammers. Do the double crush, or lever them. Thats a great combo for total hand strength.

Personally, if I had to chose, I'd demand two: block weights and sledges.