Jump to content

The World's Strongest Grip at The Odd Haugen Strength Classic, LAFITEXPO Jan 26th, 2025


WillGuiliani

Recommended Posts

I am going to be hosting the Armlifting/Grip event at The Odd Haugen Strength Classic. I am billing this event as The World's Strongest Grip. There will be tough international competition, record breakers and thousands in cash as well as other prizes. The events could include but aren't limited to Ironmind Axle, Rolling Thunder, 3x4 Saxon, a Hold for Time, a Medley. 
This will be THE grip event of the year. If you travel for grip in 2025, this is the one you DON'T wanna miss.


More information to come...

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will update this list of Lifters that have confirmed to attend verbally, or written. Registration will open 6 months prior to the contest!

 

Alexey Tyukalov - Russia
Lee Janota - United States
Odd Haugen - Norway
Kyle Gerrans - United States
Carl Myerscough - United Kingdom
Elijuhel Persons - United States
Travis Weinand - United States
Marc Hills - United States
Eric Roussin - Canada
Will Guiliani - United States
Ben Galper - United States
William Reed - United States
Corinne Lalonde - Canada
Hafsa Mason - United States
Helen Nguyen - United States
Haley Gow - United States

 

Below is a list of lifters who are LIKELY to attend: 


Luke Reynolds - Australia
Mike Gentile - United States
Rob McMurren - Canada
Jesse Hagedorn - United States
Brandon Collins - United States
Emil Abrahamsson - Sweden
Yves Gravelle - Canada
Sarah Chappelow - United States
Alisha Martin - Puerto Rico
Danielle Evansen - United States
Jenn Tibbenham - United Kingdom

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would come to that event even if I were injured and could not participate, just to meet the grip legends who will be there.  I know Eric from one or two comps, and a few others, but Carl M and Odd I have never met, and I also don't think I have ever met Will G.  Only met Will R because he came out east and I was lucky enough to compete with him (he won).  I also just asked my gf if she would like to go to LA in January and she said yes.  So, I might fit into the "likely" category.  Can't commit yet but likely seems fair.

Edited by Vinnie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Vinnie said:

I would come to that event even if I were injured and could not participate, just to meet the grip legends who will be there.  I know Eric from one or two comps, and a few others, but Carl M and Odd I have never met, and I also don't think I have ever met Will G.  Only met Will R because he came out east and I was lucky enough to compete with him (he won).  I also just asked my gf if she would like to go to LA in January and she said yes.  So, I might fit into the "likely" category.  Can't commit yet but likely seems fair.

Also I don't think I met Sarah in person yet but have messaged her a lot.  Would be awesome to meet the number one grip woman!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, WillGuiliani said:

I am going to be hosting the Armlifting/Grip event at The Odd Haugen Strength Classic. I am billing this event as The World's Strongest Grip. There will be tough international competition, record breakers and thousands in cash as well as other prizes. The events could include but aren't limited to Ironmind Axle, Rolling Thunder, 3x4 Saxon, a Hold for Time, a Medley. 
This will be THE grip event of the year. If you travel for grip in 2025, this is the one you DON'T wanna miss.


More information to come...

Have you considered the 2 x 5 Saxon?  The big-handed dudes always walk away with that 3 x 4 ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Have you considered the 2 x 5 Saxon?  The big-handed dudes always walk away with that 3 x 4 ...

I did, but for this contest, I wanted to throw it back to the Meat and Potato lifts I fell in love with when I started this sport. I (having mortal-sized hands) do at least 20KG better on the 2x5, so I understand, but we will be contesting the 3x4.

The 3x4 is a record that has changed hands twice in the last 6 months, by Carl and Martins, and I'm hoping they'll battle it out and break the record again in January! 

I will add you to the "Likely to Attend" list and it will be great to finally meet you!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WillGuiliani said:

I will update this list of Lifters that have confirmed to attend verbally, or written. Registration will open 6 months prior to the contest!

 

Alexey Tyukalov - Russia
Lee Janota - United States
Odd Haugen - Norway
Kyle Gerrans - United States
Carl Myerscough - United Kingdom
Elijuhel Persons - United States
Travis Weinand - United States
Marc Hills - United States
Eric Roussin - Canada
Will Guiliani - United States
Ben Galper - United States
William Reed - United States
Corinne Lalonde - Canada
Hafsa Mason - United States
Helen Nguyen - United States
Haley Gow - United States

 

Below is a list of lifters who are LIKELY to attend: 


Luke Reynolds - Australia
Mike Gentile - United States
Rob McMurren - Canada
Jesse Hagedorn - United States
Brandon Collins - United States
Emil Abrahamsson - Sweden
Yves Gravelle - Canada
Sarah Chappelow - United States
Alisha Martin - Puerto Rico
Danielle Evansen - United States
Jenn Tibbenham - United Kingdom
Mike Rogowski - United States
Vincent Rivellese - United States

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.