Summer Jam: Squeeze Fest

WillGuiliani

I will be running a contest at The Training Hall by Odd E. Haugen called Summer Jam: Squeeze Fest. The contest will take place Sunday, July 6th. 
This is a part of Odd Haugen's 805 Summer Jam, a weekend of strength consisting of a Team Strongman contest on Saturday, and Mas Wrestling and Grip on Sunday. Strongmen and women that take part in the Team Strongman contest, get FREE admission to the Squeeze Fest!

The events contested at Squeeze Fest are:

3x4 Sorinex Saxon Bar Deadlift - 3 Attempts
2x5 AASS Saxon Bar Deadlift - 3 Attempts
Double Over Hand Wagon Wheel Ironmind Apollon's Axle Deadlift - 3 Attempts
Double Ironmind Rolling Thunder Hang for Time - 2 Attempts, if two attempts are taken, the second attempt is used

This event is sponsored by Ironmind & Nemesis Grips: 
Ironmind will provide $50 Ironmind Gift Cards for Top Men’s Performance and Top Women’s Performance in the IronMind Apollon’s Axle Wagon Wheel Double OverHand Deadlift and Double IronMind Rolling Thunder Hang for Time

Nemesis Grips will provide door prizes for the contest!

Register for this and other WCAS contests here: https://westcoastarmsports.com/upcoming-contests

Spring Squeeze 24 TBG.png

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

I lied, its the 7th. Sunday the 7th. 

21 hours ago, WillGuiliani said:

Double Over Hand Wagon Wheel Ironmind Apollon's Axle Deadlift

Does "Wagon Wheel" signify something different about this Appollon's Axle deadlift than any other in grip sport?  I mean, I am envisioning a 19th-century wagon wheel as the weight, but of course there must be variation in weight and all, so I am not sure what this would mean.  Is it a higher starting position because of a bigger plate?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Does "Wagon Wheel" signify something different about this Appollon's Axle deadlift than any other in grip sport?  I mean, I am envisioning a 19th-century wagon wheel as the weight, but of course there must be variation in weight and all, so I am not sure what this would mean.  Is it a higher starting position because of a bigger plate?

These are the wheels we will be using. 

IMG_3336.jpeg

Edited by WillGuiliani
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, WillGuiliani said:

These are the wheels we will be using. 

IMG_3336.jpeg

Oh wow - so it is a higher starting point, so I guess the opposite of a deficit lift.  Hope to get out there sometime - probably won't be next month for me but you are becoming THE grip destination of the West Coast and I really want to get out there for one of your comps.

• Like 3

On 6/7/2024 at 7:36 AM, Vinnie said:

Oh wow - so it is a higher starting point, so I guess the opposite of a deficit lift.  Hope to get out there sometime - probably won't be next month for me but you are becoming THE grip destination of the West Coast and I really want to get out there for one of your comps.

Plan to come out to the LAFITEXPO in January 

• Like 2