Gripper Spring Gets Weaker?

magnus.sumongkol

To what extent does a gripper spring lose its resistance if at all? Say if a #1 starts out as 140 lbs, how much does that pressure decrease over time and use? Any thoughts or test results? Just curious.

Yes they do get a little weaker. Go to PDA's website and check out thier SoS grippers. they explain in great detail about springs.

Also, type seasoned/seasoning in the search option of the board.

-HH

I find that my grippers don't get much weaker. I do think that there is a noticable change however to use your example maybe it goes to 130.

Thanks for the info guys. The reason I asked is because I am only into grip training for about two weeks now. I can get a couple reps on my #1 and am moving on to strap holds along with some block work etc.

Just like a previous post, although I've made progress I didn't know if I was getting stronger or the gripper was getting weaker. I'm just feeling a little nervous since I ordered a #2 and #3 Friday. It's been a lot of fun so far and very addicting.

Thanks Anson! I made the icon in Photoshop.