I just got a Hub and it's trickier than I thought it would be

alan_fra

3 hours ago, degradated said:

I think most people, including myself, would also agree that the R/T is significantly more difficult than the other two events, at least at 200 lbs. The CTD challenge I've heard referred to as "the rolling thunder challenge," heh. 

Or rolling thunder cert

• Like 1

If your goal is to do crushed to dust, which requires a clean hub, it's still best to train hub chalked so you can train heavier with it. Then when you do CTD even though it's cleaned it will feel like an easy weight for you. 

You can rechalk after wiping it clean

Screenshot_20240520_121454_Gmail.jpg

• Like 4

On 5/20/2024 at 6:53 PM, dubyagrip said:

You can rechalk after wiping it clean

Screenshot_20240520_121454_Gmail.jpg

Very good info, thanks!

Just curious, was that a recent reply from Mr. Strossen or an older question that just happened to be relevant to this thread?

What do you reckon Harri did to clear certification for the world record? The hub is clearly pre-chalked in the video, however, it might have chopped off the beginning where he could have wiped it clean and re-chalked. 🤔

I believe they changed the rules. From memory I think they only added the wiping clean rule a couple years ago.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, degradated said:

Very good info, thanks!

Just curious, was that a recent reply from Mr. Strossen or an older question that just happened to be relevant to this thread?

What do you reckon Harri did to clear certification for the world record? The hub is clearly pre-chalked in the video, however, it might have chopped off the beginning where he could have wiped it clean and re-chalked. 🤔

This reply was from monday.

• Like 2