If my PR Rgc on a 33mm block close is 142 for about 4 reps....then how much farther am I from closing a very heavy coc#3?

Compactorgrip

Any thoughts on this? Feels like im soo close , but yet so far of accquiring the ironmind certification 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

CCS is 54 mm so you're comparing apples to oranges.

You should be able to close a hard #3 with 33 mm set with some practice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Progress rate is never an accurately predicted constant for anyone. Just train

• Like 5

@Compactorgrip Would it not make sense to purchase a 161 (max) or so rated COC 3 from @Cannon and practice credit card sets? I'm a little confused... you probably have more than one gripper to play with, but I'm wondering if your question is more theoretical in nature. I think Matt can send you a pre-rated high RGC #3 to train with. Anyway, that's awesome that you can rep a 142. I am hoping to be in your shoes one day, let alone CCS certify. Keep it up! 💪🏻 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, degradated said:

purchase a 161 (max) or so rated COC 3

That's going to be a Cobalt. 160+ #3s effectively do not exist. 

But yeah, what is the next gripper you have after the 142? How close are you to closing that? 

• Like 3

Excuse the amateur here, but why not work on CCS with the 142? Seems like that would be the first step towards assessing and improving your CCS game.

Whatever you can do with CCS is a lot more relevant than what you can do with 33 mm for that goal

@CannonI have a few...a filed Standard Iron rated at 149, then a 151 HG, after that, a 153#3 and a filed 156#3...i think maybe these numbers might make a pretty good ladder for reaching out the cert, using the bumper to close the poundage gaps...but my question is more theory than anything...recently was able to close a 142 rgc Standard Iron and my gripper setting is pure crap so maybe I have the strenght, just might need to polish myself better...

@C8Myotome Im a 100% with you there (I like to track minor strenght jumps in different ways) but absolutely best way to train for #3 cert is CCS  no doubt...might feel like crap facing the reality that im not yet ready for that cert in my humble opinion 😞