Can you still certify with GHP nowadays even though they have already closed out production?

Compactorgrip

Posted (edited)

Was asking myself if Wade would still accept certification attempts even though he practically shut down the bussiness side of his company ( he's no longer producing grippers) and, say...could you use a different gripper Block if currently you do not own a GHP certification block? Anybody that can shed some light on the subject because i know there's other people ( beside me) that want to have a shot at the certifiying with them( GHP)...

Edited by Compactorgrip

Even when it was active it could take 6 months to get a response about a cert attempt, and Tiziano is still on their cert list (fake cert with fake spring) long after he was exposed as being a fraud. I think it's safe to say it's never getting updated again. A cert is a fun challenge where the incentive is to buy certain products and they're done selling. Considering they went out of business for not being able to maintain a profit I don't see why they would work for free now, as judging and posting certs is work. And the Tiziano situation showed how easy it is to use a fake/modified gripper, where the rules could have been more strict to prevent it; there was never any rule changes to prevent that type of fake cert again for GHP.

I don’t want to speak for Wade, but he did ask me if I can host the list somewhere (CPW or Gripboard). He said the list is closed and how it stands now is the final version. My understanding is the certification is closed. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Cannon said:

I don’t want to speak for Wade, but he did ask me if I can host the list somewhere (CPW or Gripboard). He said the list is closed and how it stands now is the final version. My understanding is the certification is closed. 

At least I am glad Carl Myerscough was able to accomplish the GHP 10 cert before the list closed. I'm guessing his record will stand for years to come (in terms of absolute gripper crushing power in RGC ratings). It inspires me greatly to know that a human being is capable of such a tremendous feat. 😱

I am disappointed but understanding about Wade's decision. I was hoping to certify on a lighter rated GHP7 within the next year or so... And I just acquired a real Gillingham block too. 🥴

Carl's feat of complete domination is probably the greatest we've ever seen and the greatest we will see for a long time, The closest to him is probably Ivan Cuk

• Like 1