Which pinch block to get ... 60 mm or 80 mm thick ?

alan_fra

I'm looking to buy a pinch block for completion but would the 60mm thick one count or do I need the wide 80 mm one? Does Ironmind use the 60 mm one

And which one offers more tendon and muscle  strengthening  capability... 60mm or 80mm

And which one offers more tendon and muscle  strengthening  capability... 60mm or 80mm

Well whats your goal? Buy what fits your goal

3 hours ago, alan_fra said:

I'm looking to buy a pinch block for completion but would the 60mm thick one count or do I need the wide 80 mm one? Does Ironmind use the 60 mm one

The IronMind Block dimensions are 6" x 3" x 6", so about 76.2mm wide.  And that's what I've typically seen listed in competitions, such as this year's King Kong Challenge.  Hope that helps...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Douglas Carney said:

The IronMind Block dimensions are 6" x 3" x 6", so about 76.2mm wide.  And that's what I've typically seen listed in competitions, such as this year's King Kong Challenge.  Hope that helps...

Thanks. I got the 60 mm one for now because I think I can train more often and with heavier weight on it. The 80 mm seems too large but I would like to compare scores of Ironmind versus what I get but for now I'll train on the 60mm. My hands are about 20 cm long so maybe the 80 wouldn't be a problem though.Is there a world record also for the 60mm blocks? 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, alan_fra said:

Thanks. I got the 60 mm one for now because I think I can train more often and with heavier weight on it. The 80 mm seems too large but I would like to compare scores of Ironmind versus what I get but for now I'll train on the 60mm. My hands are about 20 cm long so maybe the 80 wouldn't be a problem though.Is there a world record also for the 60mm blocks? 

I am not aware of a 60mm pinch block record list.  I checked the North American Grip Sport top 100, Canada Grip Sport Records, and Arm Lifting USA Leaderboard.  They all seem to list the IronMind block.

Closest alternative I could find was The Flask which is 2.25" (57.15mm).  But that mounts directly to the loading pin rather than using a carabiner, so it's not an exact comparison.

Perhaps there are vendor record lists out there or other organizations.  I didn't do an exhaustive search...just the main records lists in the United States.

Edited by Douglas Carney