Improperly stamped CoC

CruxGripman

Hello, today I very excitedly received my recent order from CPW. Upon inspection, I immediately noticed something strange, the Coc #2.5 rated 126 was stamped with a #3… 

so my immediate thought was, “oh, maybe the tags were mistakenly switched” 

only to notice that the #3 I ordered rated 145 is also stamped with a #3

I have no idea what ironmind production line looks like, but this seems quite unusual, has anyone else had this happen?

@Cannon

IMG_5556.jpeg

IMG_5554.jpeg

IMG_5557.jpeg

Edited by CruxGripman
Typos

Is the spring wire diameter different from the other #3? 

Edit: but I never owned a #2.5, maybe the wire diameter is the same anyway, and only mounting depth varies. But somebody will tell us I guess

Edited by matek
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, matek said:

Is the spring wire diameter different from the other #3? 

Edit: but I never owned a #2.5, maybe the wire diameter is the same anyway, and only mounting depth varies. But somebody will tell us I guess

It’s hard to tell, but I think spring diameter looks the same eh. I don’t have a caliper or micrometer to check

I believe this does rarely happen. There was a thread a while back about it. Just wrong handles on the spring. You’d be able to confirm with digital calipers. 

Have you tried closing the 126 to see if it's a 3 with a wrong tag?

• Like 2

Oof, I believe I know how this happened. I found that gripper a while ago. It's the only one I've ever found and it was not meant to be sold. My son was helping with pre-rated stuff recently and I believe he sorted that with the regular inventory and then it went out without me noticing. I'll send you a PM. 

2 hours ago, EmilBB said:

Have you tried closing the 126 to see if it's a 3 with a wrong tag?

Yeah, I gave it a test close, definitely not a #3 eh

• Like 1

It's confirmed to be the one singular error gripper that I have found in 12 years of opening IronMind grippers. It's a #2.5 spring with #3 handles. It came in a #3 package which I still have here. It was a mistake that this gripper was shipped. :)

• Like 4

All the grip fraudsters are fuming right now that they aren't able to get their hands on this gripper

• Haha 7

19 minutes ago, Cannon said:

It's confirmed to be the one singular error gripper that I have found in 12 years of opening IronMind grippers. It's a #2.5 spring with #3 handles. It came in a #3 package which I still have here. It was a mistake that this gripper was shipped. :)

That’s pretty rad eh

• Like 1

Imagine getting this for your #3 cert, would be so disappointing haha

• Haha 3