πŸ”— Armlifting USA with Riccardo Magni πŸ‹πŸ»

degradated

I had the pleasure of training with @riccardomagniΒ - president of Armlifting USA, last Saturday at his home gym. He was kind enough to invite me there after I bought a couple grippers off him. I'm sure glad I took him up on his offer. Very cool guy - well educated, accommodating and very strong! He's a world record holder at the pinch hub (in the 110kg division) and I believe a couple other events.

We trained three pieces of equipment, replicating the super series part one Armlifting events. First was the 2" Country Crush, then Saxon bar and finally pinch hub. I have done the hub at home but never tried the first two until now. Riccardo was able to detect things that I did incorrectly and allowed me to change my technique (such as not centering myself on the Saxon bar, rotating the wrists slightly, not fully locking out, etc).Β 

I encourage people on the Gripboard to check out Armlifting USA if you haven't already. I'm already addicted and hope to be able to compete in the competitions starting in June. I believe it is a worldwide event and it's only $20 to become a member. Everything is grip related and legitimate. If the lift isn't perfect, it's a 'no lift' and that's that. Many world record holders and well respected names are a part of Armlifting USA too (Carl, Ivan, Alexey, etc). Pretty cool stuff!

https://armliftingusa.com

20240420_104709.thumb.jpg.45ae8521a35fd2b89d90a2cf06c13cda.jpg

Edited by degradated
  • Like 6

29 minutes ago, degradated said:

I had the pleasure of training with @riccardomagniΒ - president of Armlifting USA, last Saturday at his home gym. He was kind enough to invite me there after I bought a couple grippers off him. I'm sure glad I took him up on his offer. Very cool guy - well educated, accommodating and very strong! He's a world record holder at the pinch hub (in the 110kg division) and I believe a couple other events.

We trained three pieces of equipment, replicating the super series part one Armlifting events. First was the 2" Country Crush, then Saxon bar and finally pinch hub. I have done the hub at home but never tried the first two until now. Riccardo was able to detect things that I did incorrectly and allowed me to change my technique (such as not centering myself on the Saxon bar, rotating the wrists slightly, not fully locking out, etc).Β 

I encourage people on the Gripboard to check out Armlifting USA if you haven't already. I'm already addicted and hope to be able to compete in the competitions starting in June. I believe it is a worldwide event and it's only $20 to become a member. Everything is grip related and legitimate. If the lift isn't perfect, it's a 'no lift' and that's that. Many world record holders and well respected names are a part of Armlifting USA too (Carl, Ivan, Alexey, etc). Pretty cool stuff!

https://armliftingusa.com

20240420_104709.thumb.jpg.45ae8521a35fd2b89d90a2cf06c13cda.jpg

Β Very cool, what a great opportunity, excited for you! Damn nice little set up there eh.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CruxGripman said:

Β Very cool, what a great opportunity, excited for you! Damn nice little set up there eh.

Thanks @CruxGripman!! I am super fortunate to live within 2 hours or so of driving distance from his home gym where a lot of competitions take place. However, competitions do take place in other parts of the country if you don't have the means to get to Southern California.

• Like 2