Gods of Grip Blob Top

Phil K

I’m just curious if anyone has used this and how it compares to using actual Blobs.

Appreciate any input.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2024 at 8:49 PM, Phil K said:

I’m just curious if anyone has used this and how it compares to using actual Blobs.

Appreciate any input.

World of Grip makes a Blob Top, and it's good.  It helped me get used to a wider blob, since the ones I was lifting back then were thinner and lighter.  God's of Grip makes a loadable blob that is only $100, and since it's probably 3D printed (they both are), the shipping shouldn't be crazy.  I've never seen or used that one, but it looks like it would be okay.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I have a blobtop and it’s great. Highly recommend it

Just curious, but how do your weights on it compare to real blobs?  When I got mine, it was very slick even with chalk, and David Horne said to just be patient and it would get better.  I'm too old to be patient, so I roughed it up a little with a file.  That helped.  I've done 44 pounds on it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, domedude said:

Just curious, but how do your weights on it compare to real blobs?  When I got mine, it was very slick even with chalk, and David Horne said to just be patient and it would get better.  I'm too old to be patient, so I roughed it up a little with a file.  That helped.  I've done 44 pounds on it.

I don’t have much experience with an actual blob. Just when I was real green still at a grip seminar  Jedd hosted.

after some time it’s not so slick now and takes chalk great. There’s some limits with it like no clean and press but it allows me to do other things. 

Like my hands are now used to the size of the blob. I’ve got a long way to go though.

• Like 2