DIY dyno

Keet

Being a bit sceptical about numbers in training progress (all my grippers are not calibrated), I went for a search for dynamometr and find out that they either expensive or doesnt fit my requirements or just crappy quality.

So I took advantage of my jobsite possibilities and combined best of them all imo: durability, price and required dimensions.

There are few cons like scales doesnt lock max weight and slippery handles (going to sand blast them). But otherwise works perfect.

20240322_183128.jpg

20240322_190407.jpg

20240420_115007.jpg

20240420_115250.jpg

• Like 7

You made that?

that thing is way supper cool, you got my vote.

Thanks.

The original idea is not mine. So it's pretty straightforward when you have references all around.

2 hours ago, Keet said:

Being a bit sceptical about numbers in training progress (all my grippers are not calibrated), I went for a search for dynamometr and find out that they either expensive or doesnt fit my requirements or just crappy quality.

So I took advantage of my jobsite possibilities and combined best of them all imo: durability, price and required dimensions.

There are few cons like scales doesnt lock max weight and slippery handles (going to sand blast them). But otherwise works perfect.

20240322_183128.jpg

20240322_190407.jpg

20240420_115007.jpg

20240420_115250.jpg

That looks sick, well done

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keet said:

Did you CNC it out of steel sheet? Cool!

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, martincerven said:

Did you CNC it out of steel sheet? Cool!

Yep. Draw it in cad outsource it to a laser cutting company. Aisi 304

Edited by Keet
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Keet said:

There are few cons like scales doesn't lock max weight and slippery handles (going to sand blast them). But otherwise works perfect.

I'm guessing Vano works with the manufacturers in China of the scale to modify it to his desired specifications on his GM150, such as holding max weight and removing the speaker (recent modification on latest models), as well as the cosmetic changes and branding.

You might be able to contact them and ask them to make you a one-off scale with the same capability, potentially, though they may have a minimum pieces order limit for such changes.

Great work on the build!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jared P said:

I'm guessing Vano works with the manufacturers in China of the scale to modify it to his desired specifications on his GM150, such as holding max weight and removing the speaker (recent modification on latest models), as well as the cosmetic changes and branding.

You might be able to contact them and ask them to make you a one-off scale with the same capability, potentially, though they may have a minimum pieces order limit for such changes.

Great work on the build!

I tried to contact Vano- no answer.

And I'm too lazy to search for specific company in China and ask them to make me one piece.

It's just a proof of concept.  And I can share cnc cut files if someone will decide to build one.