Most impressive grip feat

Billdrewruss

Whats your favorite grip feat or what feat do you consider to be the most impressive? I primarily train olympic weightlifting and only started focusing on grip recently, so I really enjoy seeing what's been done in the community.

For me it's gotta be Carl Myerscough curling 20kg plates with a pinch grip like they weigh nothing. For no other reason than that's something I walked out into my garage to try and it was so far out of possibilty.

• Like 8

The same guy with grippers. Insane!! 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

Carl's GHP10 cert. GHP10 is a pretty hard gripper.

This, nothing else comes even close to this in my opinion.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

This, nothing else comes even close to this in my opinion.

Agreed, Carl is in his own class with several world records in grip, but I think his GHP10 cert is beyond a shadow of a doubt the most accomplished grip feat ever recorded amongst any human being. And it will probably be that way for a while, who knows?

• Like 4

No doubt the GHP10 cert ranks as most difficult feat accomplished. Heaviest gripper I have is CoC 3 gripper so the GHP10 probably feels like squeezing a brick. As a novice to grip stuff the more oddball stuff comes of as more fun to watch since I don't have a reference for the heavy grippers but seeing odd shaped heavy objects fly around in the hand makes my monkey brain sizzle ya know?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Billdrewruss said:

No doubt the GHP10 cert ranks as most difficult feat accomplished. Heaviest gripper I have is CoC 3 gripper so the GHP10 probably feels like squeezing a brick. As a novice to grip stuff the more oddball stuff comes of as more fun to watch since I don't have a reference for the heavy grippers but seeing odd shaped heavy objects fly around in the hand makes my monkey brain sizzle ya know?

Gotcha, if you like that kinda stuff, there's a vid on YT of grip legend Paul Knight throwing around some 45lb plates with a pinch, then catching them with a pinch again if I remember correctly. It was fun to watch, though I can't seem to find it right now. Cool guy, super humble + super strong, haven't seen him around for a while.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billdrewruss said:

Just to put this into perspective, average coc3 is 148, average ghp10 is 259. So to have a GHP9 as your 1RM, this makes a coc 3 57% of your 1rm.

So just for the average person to picture the difference, if you can close a 100 rgc coc 2 as your 1rm, 57% of that would be like a 57 rgc coc trainer

So a CoC 3 to Carl, is like a CoC trainer, to the average guy here that can close a CoC 2. Think about that

• Like 3

It's not "a" grip feat but I'm not as impressed by any single feat as I am with dominating something like a giant "Medley" that includes a number of what are "stand alone" highly impressive grip feats done non stop in a short time frame.  Many include many feats that would be World Class by themselves.  I can only imagine the Medley it would take to stop someone like Carl.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, climber511 said:

It's not "a" grip feat but I'm not as impressed by any single feat as I am with dominating something like a giant "Medley" that includes a number of what are "stand alone" highly impressive grip feats done non stop in a short time frame.  Many include many feats that would be World Class by themselves.  I can only imagine the Medley it would take to stop someone like Carl.

Yeah...like nailing every single item at the 2024 North American Grip Sport Championships in June.  That would be mind blowing for me to see.  🤯💥🧠

Looking at the list, I could maybe hit 20% of the items under absolutely ideal circumstances...but not at the end of a grueling two day comp.  Will be a fun one to watch.

• Like 2

Definitely jedd johnson one hand deadlifting the 78kg Thomas inch dumbbell and holding it while levering a 20lb sledge to his forehead and back again. If I could get to that level someday I'd be crazy satisfied with this achievement. 

• Like 4

@Carl Myerscough 's GHP10 is #1 but theres a few other feats that should be mentioned 

Laine Snook cleaning tbe Inch then doing 300lbs for 10 reps on a rolling thunder  

Cim Johansson lifting 584lbs on a 2" Axle 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5ixx2BouSt/?igsh=Y3hnMWY3eWduZDF3

@AdamTGlass thumbless Inch Farmers walk for 17.5 feet also, his strict plate curls. 

@Ben Helms red pill cycle also, highest to clean and press the Inch. 

@Jedd Johnson 5 tens transfer a few times then fatman, blue and Next Gen Blob lift frenzy 

Edited by stranger
Tags
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, stranger said:

@Carl Myerscough 's GHP10 is #1 but theres a few other feats that should be mentioned 

Laine Snook cleaning tbe Inch then doing 300lbs for 10 reps on a rolling thunder  

@AdamTGlass thumbless Inch Farmers walk for 17.5 feet also, his strict plate curls. 

@Jedd Johnson 5 tens transfer a few times then fatman, blue and Next Gen Blob lift frenzy 

What @stranger and @climber511said.

my favorite Adam T Glass lifting inch and curling 45lbs plate then hand to hand transfer.

Jedds inch lift and 20lbs lever is crazy also. It’s impossible to pick

• Like 3

Carl's GHP 10 certification is at the top, for sure. I'd argue that it's one of the greatest strength feats accomplished by a human being period, without hyperbole. I don't think it could possibly be overstated just how difficult it is.

People 15 years ago often said that they didn't believe a GHP 10 would ever be closed by a human hand. Carl did it with a 38mm block set.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, stranger said:

Thank you for this! I haven't seen any of those lifts besides the GHP10 cert.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 1:41 PM, stranger said:

I'm honored, and at the same time, I can't do any of the other things on this list.

• Like 2

I agree with all these.  I want to throw in something that by itself may not see so amazing, but for the fact that a 145-pound woman did it:  Juliet Lancaster-Avila lifting two 45-pound plates by the hub to lockout, one in each hand.  I mean, lots of big guys can do that, and I *might* even be able to do iton a good day with the right plates -- but a thin woman with small hands?  I think that is up there in wow-factor with these other lifts, which are also amazing.

• Like 3

Just now, Vinnie said:

I agree with all these.  I want to throw in something that by itself may not see so amazing, but for the fact that a 145-pound woman did it:  Juliet Lancaster-Avila lifting two 45-pound plates by the hub to lockout, one in each hand.  I mean, lots of big guys can do that, and I *might* even be able to do iton a good day with the right plates -- but a thin woman with small hands?  I think that is up there in wow-factor with these other lifts, which are also amazing.

I don't know if there is a vid; I watched her do it.  If there is one and I find it, I will post.

3 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I don't know if there is a vid; I watched her do it.  If there is one and I find it, I will post.

• Like 3

On 4/18/2024 at 7:17 PM, Billdrewruss said:

Whats your favorite grip feat or what feat do you consider to be the most impressive? I primarily train olympic weightlifting and only started focusing on grip recently, so I really enjoy seeing what's been done in the community.

For me it's gotta be Carl Myerscough curling 20kg plates with a pinch grip like they weigh nothing. For no other reason than that's something I walked out into my garage to try and it was so far out of possibilty.

Long live King Carl!