3.5 TNS

dubyagrip

TNS'd a 165 RGC 3.5 in my 2nd gripper session tonight.  The handle mount is horrible.  🙃

• Like 16

I thought you didn’t have it for a sec, but then it just surrendered. Nice crush. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It feels really goofy.

What is your current top deep set? I'm trying to figure out what to expect from TNS/where I stand in my ratio compared to others. My best deep set is an RGC 150, but I was only able to TNS my RGC 109 (GHP5). 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

What is your current top deep set? I'm trying to figure out what to expect from TNS/where I stand in my ratio compared to others. My best deep set is an RGC 150, but I was only able to TNS my RGC 109 (GHP5). 

I don't deep set.  It's MMS, CCS, or TNS for me.  My best MMS is 197.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

Around 40 lbs between TNS and DS sounds about normal.

My best non-narrow (Heavy Grips) TNS so far is my 107 GHP 5. Best deep set so far is 143 (and almost 146). Similar numbers to yours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very strong close.

That mounting is really uneven. This is very rare in CoCs, right?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, matek said:

Very strong close.

That mounting is really uneven. This is very rare in CoCs, right?

Indeed very strong close.

I would say it's common these days, the last two COC's I've bought had this.

Quality just seems to go down and prices just keeps going up (here).

Edited by Fist of Fury
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jared P said:

Around 40 lbs between TNS and DS sounds about normal.

My best non-narrow (Heavy Grips) TNS so far is my 107 GHP 5. Best deep set so far is 143 (and almost 146). Similar numbers to yours.

Very similar to me. I’m close to 199 close (i guess I can close around 195) and I tns 151 

• Like 1

Tim Butler is loaning me 168, 172, 175, and 179 3.5s.  I bet I can TNS the 172 fresh.  This 165 was done at the end of my 2nd gripper session of the day.

• Like 4

My best MMS is 171, 20mm 170, 30mm 160, CCS 153, TNS 140 -- so only 31 pounds from MMS to TNS.  I don't really do anything deeper set than MMS.  I've always had pretty good wide set compared to my MMS. 

• Like 2

On 4/15/2024 at 9:05 PM, dubyagrip said:

TNS'd a 165 RGC 3.5 in my 2nd gripper session tonight.  The handle mount is horrible.  🙃

I think you should have looked for a larger font so that the RGC wouldn't get lost in the video, you can hardly see the banner lol.

But seriously, that is monstrous.  I believe you just missed TNS-ing my 3.5 rated 159, which by now you can probably rep.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I think you should have looked for a larger font so that the RGC wouldn't get lost in the video, you can hardly see the banner lol.

But seriously, that is monstrous.  I believe you just missed TNS-ing my 3.5 rated 159, which by now you can probably rep.

Yes, I think I was like a couple mm off that morning.  Cold, no chalk.  I've got big plans for TNS in the future.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2024 at 3:23 AM, Cannon said:

I thought you didn’t have it for a sec, but then it just surrendered. Nice crush. 

I’ve noticed a similar pattern with my uneven #3. The handles are about 2-3mm off and on the close it seems to get stuck at a similar distance until it suddenly gives up. 
Anyone else noticed this? Is that a thing with uneven handle mounts?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, d_blocmann said:

Anyone else noticed this? Is that a thing with uneven handle mounts?

No, it wouldn’t be. If anything it would have to relate to the spring, but no reason for it there either. This IS a trait of an expansion spring. If you can fight against a Vulcan it will just kind of surrender little by little. On a regular TSG, you’re just exhibiting some high-end horsepower. 

• Like 1