Ultimate Gripper Video (I think...)

dubyagrip

I wanted to try to compile everything I've learned in my year and a half of grinding away at these things to give the best information possible to someone new to grippers or looking to expand their knowledge.  Obviously, there could be hours of discussion about training and programming, but I didn't want to go into that much detail.  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Super cool of you to take your time to help others with that video. I watched the last couple of segments. I think the way you have found to vary YOUR sets and reps will help intermediates get past plateaus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dubyagrip said:

I wanted to try to compile everything I've learned in my year and a half of grinding away at these things to give the best information possible to someone new to grippers or looking to expand their knowledge.  Obviously, there could be hours of discussion about training and programming, but I didn't want to go into that much detail.  

I did not finish the video yet but in the beginning you said that GHP grippers are harder than any other same RGC gripper because of larger spread. Are GHP grippers harder only when doing TNS or also when doing CCS, MMS or deep set?

• Like 1

The wider spreads make them more difficult from every set width.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

The wider spreads make them more difficult from every set width.

That is really interesting. I got golden grip shop grippers and got them rated a few days ago I am pretty sure they are one of those chinese spring grippers. Im planning on getting a CoC 2.5 as my level 5 and level 6 RGCs are basically like CoC 2 and CoC 3.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, povmaciulis ARMLIFTING said:

That is really interesting. I got golden grip shop grippers and got them rated a few days ago I am pretty sure they are one of those chinese spring grippers. Im planning on getting a CoC 2.5 as my level 5 and level 6 RGCs are basically like CoC 2 and CoC 3.

Yes, those use the same springs as the other 50lb increment grippers.  You'll make progress with them, don't worry.

• Like 1

Never once said ‘dogleg’ : 0/10 😂

I kid, I kid. Excellent info, @dubyagrip . Well done. 

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

Never once said ‘dogleg’ : 0/10 😂

I kid, I kid. Excellent info, @dubyagrip . Well done. 

No dogma. No dogleg.

Well done @dubyagrip. Covered pretty much all the bases in detail, while being concise enough to be easily digestible. My video would have been 3 hours long.😂

Should be a great starting point for beginners and anyone not extremely well-versed with grippers. It'll undoubtedly lead to more participation in the sport, and help to keep expanding the general level of knowledge.

I foresee it being pushed by YouTube via the 'recommended videos' fairly heavily in the future, at least with gripper related videos. Should get a good amount of views, and reach a wide audience. Should also be very helpful and save beginners a lot of time and energy and mistakes, which will lead to more people sticking with gripper training for longer and seeing better results.

• Thanks 1

This was such a great video, summed up everything that previously took me several videos to learn plus more. This will play a big role for alot of new comers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1