Grip Genie 7 just released

C8Myotome

I'll be receiving one some time next month. If the rating on it is anything to go by, which I know doesn't, it could be between a IM 4 and a ghp10

• Like 5

We have some coming and I will rate them all and report back. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cannon said:

We have some coming and I will rate them all and report back. 

Patience isn't one of my virtues.  🙄  Now I'll have to do a "rate & return" to know how much I can't close.   😂🤣😅 But I did get some "free" swag...so that was cool.  🤩

GG7 03-29-2024 crop.jpg

• Like 6

Welp someone just told me these have 20 mm springs like the hulk, I thought they were 18 mm...it doesn't say anywhere on the page that the handle size changed, I'm seeing if I can cancel my order now

super cool Doug, I will have to wait until Cannon has them is stock,   

• Thanks 1

I will keep you posted about having them in stock. 

But I did get a bunch and so far they are a bit harder than the Powerball equivalent. 

The Grip Genie 7 ranged from 208 to 216, 212 average and mode.

The Powerball 400 ranges from 176 to 209, with an average of 195 and no clear mode. There is a cluster of 20% of them at 189-191. And then a larger cluster of 48% of them at 197-204. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I will keep you posted about having them in stock. 

But I did get a bunch and so far they are a bit harder than the Powerball equivalent. 

The Grip Genie 7 ranged from 208 to 216, 212 average and mode.

The Powerball 400 ranges from 176 to 209, with an average of 195 and no clear mode. There is a cluster of 20% of them at 189-191. And then a larger cluster of 48% of them at 197-204.

Thanks. What is the handle diameter on the GG7?

26 minutes ago, Jared P said:

What is the handle diameter on the GG7?

The larger 20 mm. Looks like Ryan covered it too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, deadgrip said:

IMG_4085.thumb.jpeg.2f7f4924422d636b1ed97e929786dbf5.jpegIMG_4086.thumb.jpeg.eefae362473eebfbdb7ff5e0fdc143b6.jpegIMG_4087.thumb.jpeg.0703a3ef6815e777434511365110992f.jpegIMG_4088.thumb.jpeg.3ad1bff38c1ce36c265480f160bd439b.jpegIMG_4089.thumb.jpeg.dee3c97380848680b9adaf3ff74c4bef.jpegIMG_4090.thumb.jpeg.eaa08266881aaf5173b9ec8685831ff2.jpeg

That spring is …well, no real quality content there. 

6 hours ago, Cannon said:

The larger 20 mm. Looks like Ryan covered it too. 

to compare, what is the size of a coc gripper handle?

4 hours ago, TrenGrip said:

to compare, what is the size of a coc gripper handle?

19 mm

I don't see it stated on the cpw page that these are 20 mm either. Anyone familiar with GG would assume they are 18 mm.

Just saying I would be really bummed to buy this expecting it to be a really heavy 18 mm gripper and then it's just another 20 mm handle.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Small supply in stock. All pre-rated. More coming! 

https://cannonpowerworks.com/products/grip-genie-level-7

Cannon on his website: "Grip Genie created the GG7 gripper to challenge the most elite grip athletes in the world. You probably can’t close it but it will look pretty hanging on your grip wall."

Carl, Dubya, Chez, Shamey, and not Tiziano:  "Hold my beer."

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Vinnie said:

Carl, Dubya, Chez, Shamey, and not Tiziano:  "Hold my beer."

Haha, I just ripped Grip Genie's copy to get it posted because I'm short on time. But yeah, it's certainly closeable. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

I don't see it stated on the cpw page that these are 20 mm either. Anyone familiar with GG would assume they are 18 mm.

Just saying I would be really bummed to buy this expecting it to be a really heavy 18 mm gripper and then it's just another 20 mm handle.

I will add that to our copy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, C8Myotome said:

yea seriously bummed out about the handles. I was gonna buy it but my hands are too small to be able to actually wrap my fingers around them enough to get a semi decent position. Sucks bad bc they seem to be in the rgc range im looking for 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TrenGrip said:

Sucks bad bc they seem to be in the rgc range im looking for 

So are a bulk of #4s then too. There is a 213 #4 in pre-rated right now. 

3 minutes ago, Cannon said:

So are a bulk of #4s then too. There is a 213 #4 in pre-rated right now. 

ah i meant sub 210 my mistake, preferably 205ish. i have a 215 #4 currently 

Derek, I can’t get on board with you here. Every single version of the 400 level gripper has 20 mm handles and you seem to know that. But for some reason you assumed it would have 18 mm handles which none of them do. I think you might’ve outsmarted yourself here. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Cannon said:

Derek, I can’t get on board with you here. Every single version of the 400 level gripper has 20 mm handles and you seem to know that. But for some reason you assumed it would have 18 mm handles which none of them do. I think you might’ve outsmarted yourself here. 

I am not really that familiar with 400 lb grippers, but if you want I can DM you message evidence that I am not the only person who incorrectly assumed that an addition to the GG line would share the same handle size. There are currently people out there that own a GG7 and wish they had not purchased if if they knew it was going to have 20 mm handles, and others who after finding out it has 20 mm handles, are choosing not to purchase it. I am trying to get GG to cancel my order, my meme was directed at their unclear advertisement. The hulk has been available for a while now, so GG7 is pretty redunant for people that already own a hulk. I would not expect that anyone purchasing would automatically know that the handle size would be different, and they shouldn't have to; grip genie just decided to not include that piece of information. I would have been really interested in what I thought the GG7 originally was, and if they decide to make a 18 mm version I might still be interested.