The Greenville Grab 2024, July 13, Mauldin, SC

zstan3

The Greenville Grab 2024

When: July 13, 2024, 10 am weigh in 11 am start

Where: TriFit Barbell, 320 W. Butler Road, Mauldin, SC 29662

Cost: $30

Sanction's: Armlifting USA, Grip Sport International

Events:

1.5" block set grippers, IronMind Grippers 25 lb  to 225 lb in 5 lb increments thanks to Matt Cannon at Cannon PowerWorks

3" x 4" Saxon Bar by Arm Assassin Strength Shop

6" deadlift IronMind Little Big Horn

2 minute Inch Dumbbell Medley, 2 3/8" handle solid one piece dumbbell:  Women's weights 50, 75, 100, 125  Men's: 100, 125, 150, 175

Rules:

Gripper Event:

3 attempts allowed.  You can bounce around up or down a RGC poundage for attempts.  1 min allowed per attempt. 1.5" block set must be placed between gripper before attempt.  Handles must touch.  No bracing wrist or spring with off hand on attempts.

3" x 4" Saxon Bar Deadlift:

3 attempts allowed, 1 minute per attempt. Rising bar format, if you fail your attempt you are done. Sumo or conventional deadlift allowed.  You must lock out the bar at the top of the lift, showing command, and lower the bar on the referees down command.   

6" Little Big Horn:

3 attempts allowed, 1 minute per attempt. Rising bar format, if you fail your attempt you are done.  The knock bar must make contact with the cross bar.  You may brace against your body with your off hand.  You must maintain your grasp with the implement on the way up and down.  

Inch Dumbbell Medley:

2 minute time limit.  You may not intentionally tilt the bell for the lift.  Any inadvertent tilt beyond 15 degrees is a no lift (not gonna be able to measure obviously, but that is the intent)  Lockout is tough to judge, so you must lift the bell to crotch height and show command at top for a down command from judge.  You may drop the bell after you get the down command, but respect the equipment.  You must lift the bells from lightest to heaviest.  A heavier bell lifted will always supersede a lighter bell lifted a million times.  Scoring will be as follows:

Women:  50 lb bell lifted is 50 points and every rep there after with that bell will be 1 point, with a maximum of 74 points.  75 lb bell is 75 points with 2 points for every extra rep. 100 lb bell is 100 points with 3 points for every extra rep, 125 lb bell is 125 points and 4 points for every additional rep with unlimited points.

Men: 100 lb bell is 100 points with 1 point for every additional rep. 125 lb bell is 125 points with 2 points for every additional rep, 150 lb bell is 150 points with 3 points for every additional rep, 175 lb bell is 175 points with 4 points for every additional rep, with unlimited points.

example

10 reps on the 50 lb bell in 2 minutes earns 59 points, 50 points for the first rep plus 9 for the extra reps.

10 reps on the 50 lb bell, and 2 reps on the 75 lb bell earns you 77 points.

3 reps on the 150, and 1 rep on the 175 lb bell earns you 175 points

5 reps on the 150 lb bell earns you 162 points, 150 points for the first rep plus 12 for the 4 extra reps.

We will add your total from all 4 events to get your final score for the event like a powerlifting meet.  I have available for sale the handle we will be using for the inch dumbbell medley for $65, just email me at zstan3@aol.com if interested. Thanks to our sponsors at this time we have about $600 in gift cards and grip tools for prizes for weight class winners.  Weight classes are not finalized, but at a minimum will have a men's heavy weight, Men's light weight and women's division.  We are also gonna have a best body weight to strength winner.  There will be competition T-shirts with the competitors last name on the back, ensure we have your entry fee 3 weeks prior to event.   If you have any questions email me at zstan3@aol.com or Andrew Brogden at brogden.drew@outlook.com.   Event payment can me made to my paypal account at zstan3@aol.com.  Looking forward to this event, should be a great time.

Current Sponsors:

IronMind

Arm Assassin Strength Shop

Nemesis Grips

Eat Chalk Get Big

Shaw Strength

Cannon PowerWorks

Staniewicz Strength Equipment

TriFit Barbell

The Grip Show

Event Sign up

https://armliftingusa.com/upcoming-events

Event info video

Edited by zstan3
  • Like 3

In the calendar, and hope to make it.  Will sign up once I figure out it works with my summer schedule and pricing.  Looks fun!

Actually, I signed up, and will send in the entry fee as soon as I am certain.  Should know soon.

• Like 1

Awesome Vinnie, it’s gonna be a great comp.  Looking forward to seeing how big of a gripper you close.  

• Like 1

Good question,  you can sign up at the door on comp day, but sooner the better for planning.  If you sign up before June 24 we will be able to put your last name on the back of your competition t shirt.  
-Zach

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to make it work, coming from the NYC area.  Keeping my eyes open for flights because it is a 12-hour drive, but I might be crazy enough to drive it if the flights are outrageous.