Why standard, there are no three bundled offers!

ming

Why standard, there are no three bundled offers!

I think rating and filing can also be bundled with multiple discount packages! This greatly stimulates the desire to buy!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ming said:

This greatly stimulates the desire to buy!

Agree. But so far no matter how many we make, the most popular levels vaporize. Take Nickel for example. They are only “sold out” because I was holding some to sell later. Otherwise my entire supply would have been gone in January. This is the only reason we had any to sell in February as well. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining about the interest. But when they are selling so well and we can barely keep up, a package deal doesn’t make sense. :) 

• Like 11

Ouch, that probably destroys my hope for a Complete Set... Would have been awesome to get an option with the full set + rating + perhaps a nice little caddy for them etc :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Agree. But so far no matter how many we make, the most popular levels vaporize. Take Nickel for example. They are only “sold out” because I was holding some to sell later. Otherwise my entire supply would have been gone in January. This is the only reason we had any to sell in February as well. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining about the interest. But when they are selling so well and we can barely keep up, a package deal doesn’t make sense. :) 

It's already enough that standard exists and offers gap bridging that you can't find elsewhere, and are still priced competitively. I don't think they needs to be discounted and more than they are when there's only 1 supplier, when in 20 years they'll be going for $500+ on ebay anyway 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think by the time most people get into Standard, they don't need 3 new grippers running across a range of 30 RGC anyhow. And yeah, the bigger value is making sure UPS Matt remains viable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Glitch said:

Ouch, that probably destroys my hope for a Complete Set... Would have been awesome to get an option with the full set + rating + perhaps a nice little caddy for them etc :D

Maybe some day! We are working on bringing springs in house which would give us a ton more control. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

It's already enough that standard exists and offers gap bridging that you can't find elsewhere, and are still priced competitively. I don't think they needs to be discounted and more than they are when there's only 1 supplier, when in 20 years they'll be going for $500+ on ebay anyway 

We need to hype up early 😄

6 hours ago, Cannon said:

But when they are selling so well and we can barely keep up

Do you know how many you made in total or how many of each level?

If it’s 10s of thousands I doubt @C8Myotome will sell it for hundreds even after 20 years 😄

1 hour ago, martincerven said:

We need to hype up early 😄

Do you know how many you made in total or how many of each level?

If it’s 10s of thousands I doubt @C8Myotome will sell it for hundreds even after 20 years 😄

I kind of know. It's thousands, not tens of thousands. Although we have no plans of stopping and only plan to get more efficient and productive over time. Remember, Tom and I basically had things figured out and were working on ramping up, but then Tom died suddenly. So now I make them with Justin in a more commercial shop, but we had to reinvent the wheel and get them up an running again. We were close to a smooth and sustainable process, then springs got scarce because that manufacturer has been critically understaffed. Making stuff is hard lol :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, martincerven said:

I'm more into using grippers than selling them, I'll probably get buried with my grippers at this point, and choke my GHP10 in my skeleton's hand so it looks like my soul grinded out one last PR rep

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, Cannon said:

I liked that update you gave saying you had good supplies then two days latter they sold out 😀. I'm still waiting to purchase some Nickel. Do you have many left?

31 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I kind of know. It's thousands, not tens of thousands. Although we have no plans of stopping and only plan to get more efficient and productive over time. Remember, Tom and I basically had things figured out and were working on ramping up, but then Tom died suddenly. So now I make them with Justin in a more commercial shop, but we had to reinvent the wheel and get them up an running again. We were close to a smooth and sustainable process, then springs got scarce because that manufacturer has been critically understaffed. Making stuff is hard lol :)

Sure is. Making one gripper is easy enough.

It’s production that’s the hard part. So many things have to go right. 

I hope you get back to that point soon. Standard grippers are amazing. 

1 hour ago, Busa said:

I liked that update you gave saying you had good supplies then two days latter they sold out 😀. I'm still waiting to purchase some Nickel. Do you have many left?

I have roughly 15 that are built and will be posted this week. After that I still have another 300 springs. We have handles made for probably 100 of those springs. Those are on the assembly schedule. So there will be more as time goes on. 

Yeah, we'll make 150 Platinum (or whatever) thinking that's a "good" supply and then it's gone. 

image.png.1ba8e5b9cde20800a867eb8b2228ed65.png 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1