Last minute bidding!

LABZSTS

3 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Yeah that is crazy! I can easily make over $ 20,000.00 if I sell some of my grippers for these prices. That's a good down payment for a house in a countryside in America I believe? Are the buyers aware that anyone like Matt or Aaron can make something similar for fraction of the price? Or they want the Tetting stamp? I wonder what will my 1962 original IronMan gripper made by Warren Tetting will fetch me. Or my silver crushes. Or the first #4 (I believe in 1994?) which was heavy and made out of stainless steel. Or or or. Not that I will sell them. Just wondering.

Well, seems like a good time to sell but the future will likely bring even higher prices as scarcity increases and demand goes up. Perhaps you can sell the ones you aren't super attached to on the Gripboard, which would distribute some of the gear amongst the community, you make some dough and it's a win-win for everyone. 🙂

Possibly check with Matt first, however, as he knows probably more than anyone about rarity and possibly assigning values to each piece.

I personally would keep them in a safe or locked up if you've got that much sitting around hehe.

11 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Yeah that is crazy! I can easily make over $ 20,000.00 if I sell some of my grippers for these prices. That's a good down payment for a house in a countryside in America I believe? Are the buyers aware that anyone like Matt or Aaron can make something similar for fraction of the price? Or they want the Tetting stamp? I wonder what will my 1962 original IronMan gripper made by Warren Tetting will fetch me. Or my silver crushes. Or the first #4 (I believe in 1994?) which was heavy and made out of stainless steel. Or or or. Not that I will sell them. Just wondering.

But if they were looking to train negative or something, heck ask Matt or Aaron or anyone to produce something similar.

Dude if that happened then $crew that guy. Who the heck will think like that except for the dirt?!

Are you the new owner of the original MM cert grippers (not the backup grippers)? 

I wish!  A tiny trailer next to my brothers is for sale $300,000 and it’s tear down! If it was livable I’d buy it.

I don’t see these grippers holding a value like this for reasons you stated. But they will always fetch a pretty penny and will go up in value. But I don’t see them maintaining an inflated price. Props to the sellers though 

the mash monsters on the other hand. With their history those will always be worth something I think.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Are you the new owner of the original MM cert grippers (not the backup grippers)? 

Yes!!!! Me and Chaz divided them up where I get the originals and he gets the backups (Alex K got the extra backups too).

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, featsofalex said:

Yes!!!! Me and Chaz divided them up where I get the originals and he gets the backups (Alex K got the extra backups too).

That’s so cool. They are in great hands….literally 

• Like 2

Imagine Mighty Joe sold his museum pieces!

eBay auctions fetch higher prices, because people are trying to outbid one another, and consequently end up spending more than they would likely spend in a fixed price or offer setting.

Had this same Tetting World Class been listed on the GripBoard marketplace, it would have probably sold for $300-500, I'd imagine.

The more time that passes and the more new gripper enthusiasts emerge, the demand will continue to go up. Pretty much every person who gets into grippers wants at least one Tetting and GHP in their collection. Those of us who already own these don't see why people would spend so much, when a lot of people only paid $30 initially - but that opportunity no longer exists.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

I wonder what will my 1962 original IronMan gripper made by Warren Tetting will fetch me. Or my silver crushes. Or the first #4 (I believe in 1994?) which was heavy and made out of stainless steel. Or or or. Not that I will sell them. Just wondering.

I'll give you $100 for all of them, since they aren't worth these crazy prices. 😉

• Haha 2

Interesting as my John Brookfield G Gripper has a 73mm spread and a black spring I wonder if this is an earlier or latter version.

Such a rare gripper to get at that price 

34 minutes ago, Busa said:

Interesting as my John Brookfield G Gripper has a 73mm spread and a black spring I wonder if this is an earlier or latter version.

Mine are black as well…his title said it was custom so maybe they had that option at the time.

This is an oddly named thread which overlaps with the long-standing "Deal Alert" thread. Please redirect traffic there:

• Like 1