March 2024 Grip challenge- Blockweight Farmers Carry

JHenze646

I apologize for the late start to this month’s challenge.

Its already March and spring is right around the corner(for those of us in the northern hemisphere).  Some possible outside exercise is in order.

Blockweight Farmers Carry guidelines 

straight away course option 

For this option the athlete will carry the blockweights in a straight line for as far as possible. The attempt is ended when the athlete can go no further, must set down, or drops a blockweight. If you have space outside this is a great option.

circle course

If you have limited space or can’t make it outside, you can utilize a circle course for your carry. Set up two objects a set distance apart and complete laps around the objects to achieve the farthest possible distance before setting down or dropping a blockweight.

The implements 

Any two blockweights, blobs , bricks, stones, blocks of material (I.e. steel or concrete) can be used as long as it is grasped in a “pinch grip” manner. The implements do not have to be weighed in the attempt video, although this is encouraged, but remarkable weights will need to be verified. Weight plates or plate loaded implements ARE NOT allowed for this challenge.

Scoring

Distances must be measured either for the entire length of the carry or by showing the distance of the circle course and measuring the uncompleted lap. The attempt ends when the first implement is dropped or must be set down.

All distances will be rounded down to the nearest foot.

scores will be the weight of the right hand implement times the weight of the left hand implement times the distance of the carry.

Thrown implements to achieve additional distance will not be considered for an attempt.

Good luck and get after it!

Edited by JHenze646
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Attempt 1

17.5kg hex dumbbells both hands.
~35feet

I then re-read the post and it said to circle an object so I redid it (but filmed it worse🤦‍♂️), got about 37 feet as I moved the weight back generously to measure.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2024 at 12:43 AM, JHenze646 said:

I apologize for the late start to this month’s challenge.

Its already March and spring is right around the corner(for those of us in the northern hemisphere).  Some possible outside exercise is in order.

Blockweight Farmers Carry guidelines 

straight away course option 

For this option the athlete will carry the blockweights in a straight line for as far as possible. The attempt is ended when the athlete can go no further, must set down, or drops a blockweight. If you have space outside this is a great option.

circle course

If you have limited space or can’t make it outside, you can utilize a circle course for your carry. Set up two objects a set distance apart and complete laps around the objects to achieve the farthest possible distance before setting down or dropping a blockweight.

The implements 

Any two blockweights, blobs , bricks, stones, blocks of material (I.e. steel or concrete) can be used as long as it is grasped in a “pinch grip” manner. The implements do not have to be weighed in the attempt video, although this is encouraged, but remarkable weights will need to be verified. Weight plates or plate loaded implements ARE NOT allowed for this challenge.

Scoring

Distances must be measured either for the entire length of the carry or by showing the distance of the circle course and measuring the uncompleted lap. The attempt ends when the first implement is dropped or must be set down.

All distances will be rounded down to the nearest foot.

scores will be the weight of the right hand implement times the weight of the left hand implement times the distance of the carry.

Thrown implements to achieve additional distance will not be considered for an attempt.

Good luck and get after it!

Cool Challenge