195 RGC Gripzilla Close

dubyagrip

Gripzilla reached out after I made a video slamming their 300lb gripper.  They had some made with the 350lb spring, but they've never mass produced or sold them.  They sent me one, and @Cannon rated it to be 195 RGC.  Now that my hand is healthy and the Arnold is over, I decided to finally try closing it.  I measure it and explain some more after the, "advertising," so watch the whole thing. 🤣

I still won't endorse their stuff, but like I said in the video, if these would get someone into training, I'm all for it.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, dubyagrip said:

Gripzilla reached out after I made a video slamming their 300lb gripper.  They had some made with the 350lb spring, but they've never mass produced or sold them.  They sent me one, and @Cannon rated it to be 195 RGC.  Now that my hand is healthy and the Arnold is over, I decided to finally try closing it.  I measure it and explain some more after the, "advertising," so watch the whole thing. 🤣

I still won't endorse their stuff, but like I said in the video, if these would get someone into training, I'm all for it.

Great vid!  And strong close!  I kind of like narrow grippers for training crush strength, just not for prepping for certs and comps, because of the setting being easier.  I'd consider the next one down from that if they make one around 170.  195 is beyond me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It was pretty cool of them to send you one to try.  Good business sense to do that.  They might sell a few more grippers and thus more than cover the cost of sending you one, but they will also spread their name around a little and that can have a longer term positive effect for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Great vid!  And strong close!  I kind of like narrow grippers for training crush strength, just not for prepping for certs and comps, because of the setting being easier.  I'd consider the next one down from that if they make one around 170.  195 is beyond me.

I think 195 is an anomaly for this spring.  @Cannon what do you think?  Aren't these around 175 on average?

31 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

I think 195 is an anomaly for this spring.  @Cannon what do you think?  Aren't these around 175 on average?

Yeah 175-180. Gripzilla is a Grip Genie, Powerball reskin. All the same manufacturer. So the Grip Genie data will be relevant. We’ve had GG6 go up to 207. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Yeah 175-180. Gripzilla is a Grip Genie, Powerball reskin. All the same manufacturer. So the Grip Genie data will be relevant. We’ve had GG6 go up to 207. 

Oh wow, I have a GG6 that's 171!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Oh wow, I have a GG6 that's 171!

And the lowest we've rated is 167. :)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kurtwpg said:

I saw your 300lb video, searching around I wasn't able to find a typical RGC for it.

Those average around 150 RGC, but I never had the one in the video rated.  I gave it away to a friend, so we will never know. :)

• Like 1