Tetting Gripper Timeline

Cannon

Saving this post for the compiled timeline

Hey grip nerds!

For those interested, I would like to compile a timeline of various iterations of Warren Tetting Grippers. This could be anything from names, to bevel changes, to stamp changes, etc. Ideally the data will be sourced with some kind of correspondence, photo evidence, cached website, etc. I don't want to include theoretical data at this time. 

Please only post documented evidence you are sure about. This can be as simple as a testimonial such as "I bought these grippers from Weightlifter's Warehouse in June of 2006 and here is a picture." Enough of these type of submissions will be incredibly helpful. I will be digging through the GripBoard in my spare time (hahaha) to find places where people made posts to this effect. 

And you don't have to include pictures. You can just state facts as long as you include how you know. 

So..what have you got? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Matt,

I put a couple of orders in to Weightlifter's Warehouse a number of years ago (several years apart).

The first order had the smoother knurling and the beveling whilst the second had the sharp stuff and no beveling.

Old emails = highly doubtful, but I rarely throw receipts out. . . .gimme a couple of weeks to find the paperwork (and the grippers! - I think they're in a container somewhere).

I'm not prepared to even guess the years at this stage - happy to post pics if I find everything.

Q. Have you tried reaching out to Bill Ennis to see if he can recall anything regarding the change?

Dave

• Like 1

It’s also a good question in what year the intermediate grippers SM, SE, Pro and others appeared. Who was the first IM or Warren Tetting?)

• 2 weeks later...

Found this video today, unfortunately in russian but it may help, posted to youtube Mar 26, 2013

these are from Bill Ennis - weightlifters warehouse - I believe 2005/2006 - I have never seen the Thor stamp like this again.  

IMG_3931.thumb.jpeg.5518b5d8fd8c44985a90280badbe21fb.jpeg

• Like 1

hybrids from weightlifters warehouse 2014- according to Bill Ennis when I asked for more hybrids in 2015 he told me Warren no longer makes hybrids- he also mentioned Warren being ill at this time and retired but will continue to make grippers for weightlifters warehouse.

IMG_3932.thumb.jpeg.a2454e95fe5cb0e574d3912bf882ee07.jpeg

• Like 2

MOST of these from 2015 weightlifters warehouse / a couple are not but bought after 2015.

IMG_3933.thumb.jpeg.8e2d72b16baeb6ae2aa78ccd26553872.jpeg

• Like 4