IM rolling thunder, pinch hub + block world record list

degradated

I think it would be cool to have a list of verified people that can lift a certain amount of weight on each of the three apparatuses mentioned.

To my knowledge, there isn't anything like this in existence. Ironmind recognizes some past world records, but it's mostly the same guy mentioned multiple times and the list is short.

I'm thinking that a moderator could start a thread for this, with a running list of people from the Gripboard listed in order of achievement who have proven the lift. It will take a little while to get going but could be a fun tool for us to train and get stronger in a cheery non-competitive way. Or make it competitive, whatever, as long as the videos/lifted amounts are verified. Any thoughts? 🤔

• Like 2

Hmmm. . . .a few questions/observations in no particular order:

• What weights were you considering nominating? (potentially contentious)
  • Only current version RT handles?
  • Only IM hubs and blocks?  (plenty of others and homemade out there)
  • Wouldn't it be easier to progressively recognize these via a global or individual comps (ie. King Kong)
  • Assuming poundages must be verified on camera, should BW also be recorded? 
  • Why not have attempts referred to the Feats section for board members to adjudicate on?

Not trying to shoot down the idea. . . .I just see a few potential issues that would need to be addressed 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gripmaniac said:

Hmmm. . . .a few questions/observations in no particular order:

• What weights were you considering nominating? (potentially contentious)
  • Only current version RT handles?
  • Only IM hubs and blocks?  (plenty of others and homemade out there)
  • Wouldn't it be easier to progressively recognize these via a global or individual comps (ie. King Kong)
  • Assuming poundages must be verified on camera, should BW also be recorded? 
  • Why not have attempts referred to the Feats section for board members to adjudicate on?

Not trying to shoot down the idea. . . .I just see a few potential issues that would need to be addressed 

Thanks for your input. Those are definitely some good ideas to consider. I hadn't really had a full plan in place yet, just throwing the idea out there first if there's any interest.

Like you said, probably it would sit best in the Feats section... I hadn't really thought of that. Probably anyone could be added to the list, as they do with the Grippermania GM 150 world records (so kids and whatnot can compete), meaning no restrictions on nominations. The list could grow a few hundred long eventually and need it's own thread (ideally)! Or we could establish minimum lifts to be recognized. It's really up to you guys.

I'm thinking there could be different sections based on what tool is used (IM RT on a different list than GG RGT), but only the main brands noted.

I suppose I forgot about the IM little big horn and apollon's axle if people are interested in having those included too.

It would be good to have BW, but I don't personally think it needs to be critiqued for "fakes" unless we designate different weight classes. I was thinking that everyone could be all lumped into one class to simplify things.