Manassas Grabfest 2024

madkow

Hello All,

I am organizing a grip competition in Manassas Virginia, GSI and potentially dual sanctioned. Theoretically it will be a small venue in my home gym, but I will also look into getting a host gym in town, depending on interest. Some things subject to change but the details as currently known are as follows. I will try to follow up with a video explanation for the first two events as they are a unique setup.

Name: Madkow's Manassas Grabfest
Date: July 27, 2024
Time: 11-3 (May Change)
Email: jrmatkowski@gmail.com
Instagram: _madkow_

Entry Fee: TBD (but not a lot, depending if we secure a gym)

Scoring: % of Max lift by event

Weight Classes: TBD based on signups, we will weigh in regardless for potential leaderboard purposes

Event 1: Double V-Bar
One 2.5" and one 2" V-Bar will both be clipped to one loading pin. For a successful lift, lifter will hit the knockbar with a one-handed lift on one V-Bar, and then use the OTHER hand with the OTHER implement to also hit the knock bar. Must complete both lifts to pass each weight, until a failed attempt. 45s time limit, 6" lift, no excessive spin, rising bar

Event 2: Parallel Max 2"/2.375" Rolling Arm Assassin One Hand Nightmare
One 2" OHN and one 2.375" OHN will both be clipped to one loading pin. Lifter chooses one hand to lift the 2" and the other hand to lift the 2.375" OHN for the duration of this event. Lifter will have 45s to attempt a lift with both implements/hands. When one implement is failed, you will continue with the other implement only until the second one is failed. Max weight on each handle will be combined into one total for scoring. 6" lift, rising bar.
Example.
Lifter chooses Right Hand for 2" and Left Hand for 2.375" handles. Completes lifts with both for 160,170,180lbs. Lifter fails the LH/2.375" Handle but hits the RH/2" at 190. Attempts only the 2" on 200lbs and fails. Lifter totals 180 + 190 = 370lbs combined max lifts for the event.

Event 3: Arm Assassin 3" Saxon Bar
Lifted to Lockout, 30s time limit per attempt, rising bar.

Event 4: Arm Assassin 2.375" Wrist Wrench
Lifted to 6" knock bar, 30s time limit per attempt, rising bar

• Like 6

😠 🐄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If im still in Virginia, I'll be there.  I'm about 20-30 mins away in Fairfax.

On 2/25/2024 at 12:45 PM, maidenfan said:

If im still in Virginia, I'll be there.  I'm about 20-30 mins away in Fairfax.

Sounds good! I will be seeing if i can get The Shop or another gym to host it

• Like 2