Wrist Wrench - Ultimate Tool for Wrist and Grip Strength?

smaikelzas

Hey, people,

Yesterday I finally received my new Wrist Wrench and I noticed that a lot of thumb strength and wrist strength is needed to stop the rotation.

I want to believe that this tool is great for overall grip strength, although more experience is needed.

Given that, what are your thoughts on the Wrist Wrench? Is it an ultimate grip tool or just another implement?

Edited by smaikelzas
Format
  • Like 3

I think you have to define ultimate grip tool.. One persons ultimate grip tool is just another implement to someone else. But i'd say it ranks up there. Just depends on your personal goals. 

• Like 3

Wrist strength and grip strength are completely different, there's never going to be 1 tool that is the perfect answer to train both as they are different movements using different muscles, they should always be thought of separately

I've never used a wench but it does not look that different from many other similar implements like it that do the same thing

• Like 2

I believe that to lift dumbbell inch; you must have a strong wrist, same thing for the 2 inch bar, 25 0u 35 free plate loop still the wrist is stressed and the strength of the whole hand. a weak wrist will not follow the hand or forearm john brookfield and this is physiological

• Like 1

The Wrist Wrench is a good tool and yes it involves both wrist and grip strength but there is no one optimal tool. It's just a tool in the toolbox. If you train with it you will get better at it. It will have some carryover to other things, but direct wrist via other movements can still be beneficial depending on goals just as direct grip work via other movements will be beneficial. Basically, it's a good movement but not the end all be all.

• Like 3

I think it’s a great tool for wrist strength. It’s pretty versatile and you can advantage different wrist motions based on your setup. They also do not cost a lot to purchase and can be made cheaply. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, smaikelzas said:

Hey les gens,

Hier, j'ai enfin reçu ma nouvelle clé à poignet et j'ai remarqué qu'il fallait beaucoup de force du pouce et du poignet pour arrêter la rotation.

Je veux croire que cet outil est excellent pour la force de préhension globale, même si plus d'expérience est nécessaire.

Compte tenu de cela, que pensez-vous de la clé à poignet ? Est-ce un outil de préhension ultime ou juste un autre outil ?

the lattice wrist key is difficult and very smooth I will be satisfied when I lift 75 to 85 but I will buy another one

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks for all your guys' input, much appreciated

15 hours ago, steeve tremblay said:

the lattice wrist key is difficult and very smooth I will be satisfied when I lift 75 to 85 but I will buy another one

Mine is actually easier, a 2 inch diameter + knurled but it lets you focus entirely on the wrist and thumb without worrying about it slipping due to texture, I like that a lot actually