Interesting Pic Sent To Me...

CMunger

Is that paint, or blood?

Thanks for the mouthwatering picture!

I'm looking forward to seeing it in person Saturday!

CMunger,

I respect this person's decision to remain anonymous, but could you ask him (assuming it is a man, and not some super-strong woman) how long it took them to bend this red nail from start to finish, and if they have bent any of David Horne's Challenge Bars, which ones have they bent, and how long did it take them to bend from start to finish? Thanks!

Steve Weiner

I asked him, and it took him a minute-minute and a half. On challenge bars, he's certifying the 270k on Saturday, and as I understand it, a random red is being sent to a 3rd party for video and witness, originally alos planned for Sat, but apparently isn't gonna be there in time. It feels wierd trying to dance around this to avoid Rule 5 complications, cuz that's the only reason for me telling the story anonymously. It'll sort itself out officially pretty quick here.

CMunger,

Has this guy ever tried one of David's Challenge Bars before? If so, which one(s), and how long did it take him to bend it/them from start to finish. I am asking this question to try to measure my own progress, and perhaps others on the board would like to know as well since they are using David's bars as well. By the way, who is the 3rd party witness for the red nail? I am curious if this is a new process implemented by Ironmind. Thanks in advance for your answers, and your patience.

I don't think it's an Ironmind process, btu rather more of a within the gripboard process. I'm not comfortable speaking for/identifying the others involved at this point, just because while I've spoken at length with the bender about this and posting this, I haven't spoken with either the sender or the witness.

I believe that his first crack at an official Horne challenge bar is his cert attempt day ofter tomorrow with the 270k's, so we'll have the answers to the other ?'s then. I've got some coming here soon as well (212.5-247.5) so I'm in there with you wondering what falls in where. I've heard the reds being anywhere from 245k-275k, although I would assume/hope that they are on the harder end of the spectrum? He should be able to provide some feedback on how the 270's felt after Saturday.

By the way, who is the 3rd party witness for the red nail? I am curious if this is a new process implemented by Ironmind.

Dr. Strossen told me that if and when I wish to certify with a red, he would mail the nail to a witness of his choice. For me that would be Bill Holland, the one who certified my #3 close. Dr. Strossen also mentioned that video is not required for the certification.