Show Of Strength

smokinjoe

i am promoting an nass strong man show in november. i need some help on planning the events which can be done on a stage in an auditorium. i can not drop weights on the hard wood floor.

Good luck with that one. I consider myself to be very respectful of others' equipment and floors, but if there's a choice between letting something crash to the floor or injuring my back or shoulders, guess which one I'm going to pick.

You're probably not going to get a whole lot of response in here (I could be wrong). This is a forum for grip contests. Have you talked with Dione about possible events?

BC.

IF its in your budget?

Buy some 3/4"rubber matts from Jesup Gym equipment.They sell rubber mats cheaper than any one....I think for about $150 PLUS shipping?you could cover up about 72 sq ft of floor.

Just ideas that are "strongman"related.

Farmers Walk implement LIFT for Maximum weight?? or for a timed hold?(no walk)

Husafelt stone or Log Hold for time.More weight can be used and a real log is real visual.This event was done once and was cool to watch.Tires and some mats and dump it off.

Incline Log Press(prevents the worry of the log comeing crashing down to the floor)

This even also done in a lot of strongman contests...especially in the old days.

Some sort of Hercules Hold.....I saw a picture of a simple device used at last years Snowman.

Stone Load on low platforms??Have good spotters and tires and some matts around the loading platforms.Keeping the height low reduces some of the impact.

A tire flip medley(like Beatty is doing at the Snowman THIS year)One flip of each tire.Increaseing weights:i.e. 650-850-1050-1200-1350.Have car tires and some padding for the big tire to land on??

Theres a few???

And,Not a traditional event but benching Pressing the back of a car has been done a few times.Very visual.Cool event :cool ....no muss ..no fuss.just-a lot of strongmen have given up training bench these days. ;)