Sorinex Saxon v ArmAssassin Saxon

indiladhar

My total on the sorinex saxon 3x4 is around 195lbs. My total on the ArmAssassin Saxon 2x5 is about 175lbs. However, my 3” pinch is typically quite weaker than my 2” pinch. 

Is this just because there’s a difference between the finish of the products? Is it typically easier to lift more on the sorinex bars? 

The Sorinex saxon has rounded edges, while the AA saxon have a sharper edge allowing a better bite in your grip. For me, the Sorinex saxon is way more challenging. That being said, my 3” saxon is better than my 2” saxon 🤣

• Like 5

My best 3x4 Saxon competition pull was on a bare steel Sorinex. My worst 3x4 Saxon competition pull was on a powder coated Sorinex.
Finish can be huge if no one has put in the effort to chalk the bar properly. Your 2x5 might just need chalked.

Pinch for me is strongest at 2.5"

I'd rather a 3" than a 2" I think.

Are there also saxon records for 2" and 2.5" , or just 3"?

1 hour ago, PHATMUSCLE COACHING said:

Pinch for me is strongest at 2.5"

I'd rather a 3" than a 2" I think.

Are there also saxon records for 2" and 2.5" , or just 3"?

Armlifting USA and GSI both track 3x4 and 2x5 Saxon. The 3" is the bar to measure yourself against the best at the moment. I was lucky enough to see Carl's record setting 3" Saxon lift in person. That guy has some horsepower.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ben Helms said:

The Sorinex saxon has rounded edges, while the AA saxon have a sharper edge allowing a better bite in your grip. For me, the Sorinex saxon is way more challenging. That being said, my 3” saxon is better than my 2” saxon 🤣

Ditto.  @lder used a Sorinex Saxon at Maryland's Strongest Hands 2023 and the rounded edges felt very different from my Arm Assassin bar.  I miscalculated my opener because of the drop in what I could pull with that particular bar.

Edited by Douglas Carney