Is this exercise good?

hudsonnoah

I call it Chuck Sipes Style Dumbell Levering Wrist Circles (long name ik)

Its what u imagine

Yo go off a bench or bed, wrist just by the end and hold the dumbell on one side (preferably with thicker grip using towel) and you lurch down then shift to the side then put yo arm on your other arm to restrict blood flow like in occlusion training like Chuck Sipes Wrist Curl, then you do a controlled wrist circle movement trying to get as much ROM as possible tryna hang low as much as possible, I do this like 3x3, 2x a week along with explosive far-grip towel pullups (just lettin go for a bit and going fast as possible) should be good for my small af wrists and forearms

What do you guys think about this, any tips n tricks?

Edited by hudsonnoah

Sounds like an injury waiting to happen especially if you already have small wrists. Just do wrist curls, hammer curls, wrist roller type stuff etc. you will be on your way. Any circular motion with weight is just way more risk vs reward than I’d ever do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wrist strength is EARNED no tricks involved! Put in the time, be consistent, adapt and always have big engine and you will walk the streets with STEEL wrists! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Sounds like an injury waiting to happen especially if you already have small wrists. Just do wrist curls, hammer curls, wrist roller type stuff etc. you will be on your way. Any circular motion with weight is just way more risk vs reward than I’d ever do. 

1 minute ago, Kluv#0 said:

Wrist strength is EARNED no tricks involved! Put in the time, be consistent, adapt and always have big engine and you will walk the streets with STEEL wrists! 

Spoken from two greats.

Stick to the basics, be consistent and in time you'll will have STEEL wrists like @Kluv#0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Problem is I dont have enough weight for heavy wrist curls im like poor asf and im more calisthetics guy I only got one other free weight movement in my entire workout and thats only cuz its legit impossible to target neck safely without weights lul like neck bridge broke mike tyson SPINAL

34 minutes ago, hudsonnoah said:

Problem is I dont have enough weight for heavy wrist curls im like poor asf and im more calisthetics guy I only got one other free weight movement in my entire workout and thats only cuz its legit impossible to target neck safely without weights lul like neck bridge broke mike tyson SPINAL

It’s spinal. I still laugh at that. 

you could do those pushups up on your fingers with them kind of out in front of you the name escapes me but those would built wrist strength among other areas.  You could buy a cheap wrist roller for probably 10 bucks and tie rocks or old rusty weight plates off marketplace or whatever and get a great wrist and forearm workout. Heck, you could make a wrist roller for dirt cheap with a wooden dowel and rope

42 minutes ago, hudsonnoah said:

Problem is I dont have enough weight for heavy wrist curls im like poor asf

Buy a thick resistance band and a rolling pin. 
1. Loop the band around the middle part of the rolling pin. Make sure both "ends" are about the same length.
2. Grab the rolling pin palms facing down. If sitting, step in the loops and extend your leg(s). If standing, just step in the loops and stand straight.
3. Wrist curl.

You can do both wrist curls and reverse wrist curls this way (palms facing down both cases). Because the band is from rubber, the friction under tension will be high; the rolling pin won't roll (at least not a lot), it will stay in place and move with the band.

Edited by matek
  • Like 1

Dats crafty ngl I'll look into that but also hoe you feel about towel pullups I do them wide so theres still back engagement personally my grip strength has defintely gotten way stronger with them but I havent been able to test my max since my heaviest gripper is 40kg and last time I tried which was like months ago I could do like 28reps on main and something close to that on other hand idk what it is now im never fresh to try whatchu think I might be at 

18 minutes ago, king crusher said:

It’s spinal. I still laugh at that. 

you could do those pushups up on your fingers with them kind of out in front of you the name escapes me but those would built wrist strength among other areas.  You could buy a cheap wrist roller for probably 10 bucks and tie rocks or old rusty weight plates off marketplace or whatever and get a great wrist and forearm workout. Heck, you could make a wrist roller for dirt cheap with a wooden dowel and rope

I actually do fingertip pushups but only when I do reps its like alternating so I'll switch between fingers, wrists, knuckles and this in like a pseudo-maltese position from divebomber sorta thing except I dont do the stretch I keep it to like good form pushups cuz thats harder, but fingertips not good for you you gotta get strong in them so you can do the Claw Variant where yo fingers bend its way harder legit but way safer for joints I could do 60 fingertips but only like 10 Claw, if you wonderin why I make it so complicated with bodyweight its cuz I wanna minimize the amount of weight I gotta add yknow and even dem cheap rusty weights be expensive to me and my only expenses is MILK LUL

11 minutes ago, hudsonnoah said:

Dats crafty ngl I'll look into that but also hoe you feel about towel pullups I do them wide so theres still back engagement personally my grip strength has defintely gotten way stronger with them but I havent been able to test my max since my heaviest gripper is 40kg and last time I tried which was like months ago I could do like 28reps on main and something close to that on other hand idk what it is now im never fresh to try whatchu think I might be at 

Towel pullups are great to build grip strength. Get the cheapest backpack from a second hand shop, and put rocks or whatever inside that makes it heavy. Pullups will be much harder in every aspect.

Grippers are not a good way to test general grip strength, it's just one, very small aspect of grip. Also, the fact that you can close a "40kg" gripper doesn't mean your crush strength is 40kg. Look up what is "RGC rating" in this forum, if you're interested. 

Edited by matek

14 minutes ago, matek said:

Grippers are not a good way to test general grip strength, it's just one, very small aspect of grip. Also, your 40kg gripper doesn't mean your crush strength is 40kg. Look up what is "RGC rating" in this forum, if you're interested. 

Whaaat really that suxks that means i prob got way less than 40kg 😢 Would it help if I told you the type of gripper?

Edit: checked the rgc ratin i dont understand this at all too confusing for me ngl

Edited by hudsonnoah
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hudsonnoah said:

I actually do fingertip pushups but only when I do reps its like alternating so I'll switch between fingers, wrists, knuckles and this in like a pseudo-maltese position from divebomber sorta thing except I dont do the stretch I keep it to like good form pushups cuz thats harder, but fingertips not good for you you gotta get strong in them so you can do the Claw Variant where yo fingers bend its way harder legit but way safer for joints I could do 60 fingertips but only like 10 Claw, if you wonderin why I make it so complicated with bodyweight its cuz I wanna minimize the amount of weight I gotta add yknow and even dem cheap rusty weights be expensive to me and my only expenses is MILK LUL

good thing about grip is you really dont need a lot.

Fingertip push ups will only get you so far... Look up pull up variations, towels, gis, get a 10lbs sledge and find a few rocks of various sizes. 

55 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

good thing about grip is you really dont need a lot.

Fingertip push ups will only get you so far... Look up pull up variations, towels, gis, get a 10lbs sledge and find a few rocks of various sizes. 

Yea I do towel pullups, fingertip pushups and I do levering with a dumbell