February 2024 Grip challenge - one hand then the other Stub lift

JHenze646

Happy February, Grip legion.

Since this month is short, let’s contest a Stub lift this month.

One hand then the other Stub lift guidelines 

Any commercially available Stub device can be used.

lifts must be to be to at least a 6 inch height, either lifted to a crossbar set up or with some visible indicator clearly showing a 6+ inch lift.

lifts must be made with both hands back to back, left then right or right to left, without any delay between.

lifts must be made with the same weight. As in weight cannot be added or removed from one hand to the other.

a key pinch grip, squeezing the device between the thumb and index finger, is to be used.

Scoring

if you have a scale, you can weigh the plates and apparatus for a total weight.

if you do not have a scale, you must show all the weight plates and they will be added for a total weight. The weight of the apparatus will not be included .

highest total weight wins

If any details are unclear, please ask and I will do my best to clarify. Reminder we are on the honor system regarding your attempt and conduct and this is a challenge only for fun and glory. Now go get after it and may the chalk be ever in your favor.

Stub leader board

1. Kluv#0 51.1 lb

Edited by JHenze646
  • Like 4

Here is my first attempt.

Hopefully I can get better. 

• Like 2

Here is my entry - 102 LB Total. Thanks 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for doing the monthly challenges! I was fortunate to come out on top:)

stub.jpg.23761de0b32a83158b47d028b0ece5f5.jpg

Edited by Kluv#0
Picture addition
  • Like 1

Unfortunately I don’t have a stub or else I would have attempted something here. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nuttgens said:

Unfortunately I don’t have a stub or else I would have attempted something here. 

The Stub Lift is very unique and can be a painful endeavor (Polite way of saying Iam not too fond of it) Very cool that Josh has started the monthly challenges and hope more individuals in future challenges - men and women- participate. I saw that you really did strong work in the gripper challenge- impressive!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

The Stub Lift is very unique and can be a painful endeavor (Polite way of saying Iam not too fond of it) Very cool that Josh has started the monthly challenges and hope more individuals in future challenges - men and women- participate. I saw that you really did strong work in the gripper challenge- impressive!

Yeah it looks like it would be painful.

Thanks. It would be cool to get a bunch of people on these challenges.

• Like 2