I just ordered a Robert Barraban adjustable gripper

alan_fra

Don't know about Adustable RB, but I used adjustable GD 80 & 90 grippers for 3 years before I bought my first torsion gripper last year and carryover was to ~ #2.

Torsion Barabans have thicker handle, and some are crazy wide but you get stronger by closing them.

• Thanks 1

We have some estimated ratings data on our product page if you want to take a look. 

https://cannonpowerworks.com/products/baraban-adjustable-handgripper

The lighter spring at Level 9 or the heavier spring at Level 3 should both be similar to an IronMind #2.

There is a difference of expansion springs versus torsion springs. The expansion springs are harder to set and get started but kind of "give up" at the end. If you can keep fighting, sometimes you can creep toward a close and turn a missed attempt into a success. Torsion springs are the opposite and misses feel like hitting a brick wall where you are unlikely to keep fighting and creep toward a close. 

There is no doubt you can get a valuable workout and build strength in the open-hand position versus regular grippers. Many have reported this style of gripper REALLY helps with setting strength and sweep strength. 

Enjoy! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

I'm a coc 3.5 closer and have never liked the RB adjustable. Just feels weird 

Interesting 🤔, I'm hoping that it becomes an excellent aid that produces a High crossover to actually TSG and also hope that it strenthens the tendons significantly. It will be heavier than a standard gripper but Maybe manageable in holding the gripper ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, martincerven said:

Don't know about Adustable RB, but I used adjustable GD 80 & 90 grippers for 3 years before I bought my first torsion gripper last year and carryover was to ~ #2.

Torsion Barabans have thicker handle, and some are crazy wide but you get stronger by closing them.

Thanks for the advice. The RB I ordered will have a width of 72 to 73m max. I asked to receive the least wide ones they have which is 72 mm or less to make sure I don't get a wide 75 +mm which I  find very unpleasant. Robert replied and said they only make 73 to 73mm. I'm glad mine will be on the narrower side because there we won't be trouble.