Eleiko 18.7lbs Coffee Mug

PumptheBrachs

Did anyone here get one of these?

https://eleiko.com/en/heavy-mug

They made an April Fools joke about a weighted coffee cup and the demand was so high they decided to make 300 of them which reportedly sold out in seconds and crashed their site.

Seems like many people missed out here but they aren't interested in making more. 

Perhaps one of our favourite manufacturers might shut up and take their money?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PumptheBrachs said:

Did anyone here get one of these?

https://eleiko.com/en/heavy-mug

They made an April Fools joke about a weighted coffee cup and the demand was so high they decided to make 300 of them which reportedly sold out in seconds and crashed their site.

Seems like many people missed out here but they aren't interested in making more. 

Perhaps one of our favourite manufacturers might shut up and take their money?

There is plenty of knock-offs already out there :) 

• Like 1

I tried but failed. I saw the email maybe 15 min after.

xmaster has an identical one for sale. Also saw rogue did their own that was heavier but I guess they only sent it out to affiliated athletes and never had an intention of selling it.

I tried to get one but I'm glad I couldn't since I later found it holds less than 4 ounces. I need way more caffeine than that

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That thing is hilarious. I love that idea. 

It would be fun to make a beverage carafe with a flap top that is opened by closing a gripper basically. Can't close a #2? No coffee for you!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Along the same line, Sorinex did one pound shot glasses.  Think the initial and re-drop both sold out quickly.

01-24-2024 Sorinex Big Shot.png

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PumptheBrachs said:
4 hours ago, Cannon said:

It would be fun to make a beverage carafe with a flap top that is opened by closing a gripper basically. Can't close a #2? No coffee for you!

Love both of these ideas, especially the heavy Eleiko.

• Like 1

Every post in the eleiko comments seems to mention the mug. At the time it was a joke that yes gave them publicity but have seen loads really upset about it claiming they will never buy their products again.

On 1/24/2024 at 12:47 PM, Douglas Carney said:

Along the same line, Sorinex did one pound shot glasses.  Think the initial and re-drop both sold out quickly.

For anyone interested in the Sorinex shot glass...they just did drop #3.  https://www.sorinex.com/products/the-big-shot

• Like 1

Speaking of mugs...Brian Shaw just posted a video about the Rogue Artillery Mug & Anvil which is available to the general public now until 3PM EST 1/29 (or while supplies last).

The good news is it holds 22oz.  The bad news is it will set you back five hundred bucks.  💸💸💸💸💸

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

Speaking of mugs...Brian Shaw just posted a video about the Rogue Artillery Mug & Anvil which is available to the general public now until 3PM EST 1/29 (or while supplies last).

The good news is it holds 22oz.  The bad news is it will set you back five hundred bucks.  💸💸💸💸💸

Dang, that thing's awesome. Looks like without the anvil top, it was only $365. But they are all sold out now.

• Thanks 1

It's ridiculous that Brian looks like he's just holding a normal sized cup

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

It's ridiculous that Brian looks like he's just holding a normal sized cup

And how he casually acts like he's taking a sip. I feel like if I tossed back I would end up knocking out a tooth. 

• Haha 3

On 1/28/2024 at 4:30 AM, Douglas Carney said:

Dang, didn't get a notification about this one.  Everything I had heard about these previously was they weren't selling them and gave them out to pros that won competitions, or something.

Probably better my bank account not take a hit like that for a little while, to be honest.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2024 at 2:48 PM, Busa said:

Every post in the eleiko comments seems to mention the mug. At the time it was a joke that yes gave them publicity but have seen loads really upset about it claiming they will never buy their products again.

It's neat and all but that's a weird response. I bet most of those people weren't going to buy anything from them anyway. Given the cost, even if I could get one I'd rather put the money towards more equipment than an ornament. It hits the consumer itch in me that screams "I want one" but then the logical side of me says "That could buy some grippers" or "That could be the start of savings for blobs".

• Like 1