Music!

RC_ALPHABET

What do you listen to when gripping? Share here!:rock

:yikes

I like these songs here ya go!!! :D

War of Ages - Collapse

Paleface Swiss - The Gallow, Please end me

:mosher

I just listen to what I would consider good music, however if I'm going for a big lift then I'll put something on to hype me up a bit.

A song I like using for big lifts is this one: Heilung - Hamrer Hippyer

• Like 1

This is my go to PR album: Black Breath - Sentenced to Life

For a regular workout I you put a mix of heavy metal

• Like 1

Literally I go from Black Sabbath to Willie Nelson to the Stray Cats, The Clash, Tony Bennett, The Dubliners.. I like a lot of stuff.

Lately its been a lot of Tom Petty, Jethro Tull,  ZZ Top, Zeppelin and Allman Brothers.  Sometimes I put on some real psychedelic trippy stuff and it gets me into this real relaxed but focused state. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Literally I go from Black Sabbath to Willie Nelson to the Stray Cats, The Clash, Tony Bennett, The Dubliners.. I like a lot of stuff.

Lately its been a lot of Tom Petty, Jethro Tull,  ZZ Top, Zeppelin and Allman Brothers.  Sometimes I put on some real psychedelic trippy stuff and it gets me into this real relaxed but focused state. 

Same, I'm all over the place. Classic rock holds a special place, but my workout playlist that I'm constantly adding to is over 7 hours long, and it has everything from emo and screamo (Maylene and the Sons of Disaster FTW) to dance/techno (Daft Punk anyone?) to classic/alternative/metal/ hard rock.  I just put it on shuffle and skip whatever I'm not feeling at the moment. I would say the only thing I don't routinely include is rap, but there are a few songs from that genre that make the playlist too. While I also listen to a lot of folk/singer-songwriter stuff as well, that doesn't make it onto the workout playlist.

You may notice on a few of PR videos, though, dead silence is also a viable option for me. 

• Like 2

Nothing special. It's usually what's on the radio at the time of training. Mostly classic rock.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have a varied taste & have dancehall reggae, hip hop, grime & plenty of metal play ing whilst I train. 

i listen to mostly metal in the gym but some of my best lifts and closes i was listening to either cupid-fifty fifty or some other non pr/metal type of music ex: sofia-clairo

I'll listen to almost anything tbh but my favourite type of music to lift to are mostly 60s and 70s rock bands.

Bands like AC/DC, the Who, Pink Floyd, Cream, Heart, Led zeppelin, lynyrd skynyrd, CCR, iron maiden and Metallica to name a handful.

Also some Old school 90s and very early 2000s hip-hop. 

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 2

Music used to get me hyped but now it's more of a distraction.  I like being totally immersed in my internal dialogue, completely focused.  If there is music in social media content, it was likely added while editing to make the video less boring. 😁

• Like 2

I listen to almost all genres, but very little rap or hip hop. Usually electronic music during my gym workouts, but sometimes rock or metal.

When training grippers though, I don't listen to any music. Not sure why, but I prefer the silence. Just me and the grippers, with intense focus.

• Like 2