My new GM150 Hand Dynamometer

mcalpine1986

My GM150 has just arrived earlier, I can't wait to give this a go. I trained grippers this morning so I'm going to wait until fresh to test my max.

These things feel solid, they weigh 1 kilo and this latest model keeps the result on. I believe the previous earlier models it just flashed up the results then went off. They only make them in this copper red now. I would have preferred black tbh but it's still a nice colour.

I'll not be breaking any records but it is a nice tool to have and track strength increases. Also it'll be fun to see others try it in the gym. 

IMG_20240112_134020.jpg

IMG_20240112_135230.jpg

IMG_20240112_135249.jpg

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 6

That looks nice , looks well made 

• Thanks 1

Awesome, man. I'd love to get one of those, as the v5.0 that I have doesn't lock in the max result. Both versions are tough and well built pieces of equipment in any case.

Looking forward to seeing what you can hit. My highest has been around 90kg, aiming for 100kg+ by the end of the year.

• Thanks 1

I'd been looking at this (or at least the chinese equivalent), glad to see it stands up to scrutiny.

Have been tempted by the Baseline BIMS as well but that's a bit pricey if you want the extra functionalities

• Like 2

12 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

That looks nice , looks well made 

Thanks John, yes it seem bulletproof. The frame is solid and it weighs 1kg so pretty sturdy.

11 hours ago, Jared P said:

Awesome, man. I'd love to get one of those, as the v5.0 that I have doesn't lock in the max result. Both versions are tough and well built pieces of equipment in any case.

Looking forward to seeing what you can hit. My highest has been around 90kg, aiming for 100kg+ by the end of the year.

Yes it seem well built, solid frame. It does keep the result in yes which is great. I just wish they still made them in black as I prefer that to the copper red. 

That is strong, way stronger than i will be able to do I bet. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Slipshod said:

I'd been looking at this (or at least the chinese equivalent), glad to see it stands up to scrutiny.

Have been tempted by the Baseline BIMS as well but that's a bit pricey if you want the extra functionalities

I also looked at the Chinese equivalent but they were all from sellers with zero feedback and new items so I didn't trust the listings. I'd rather pay more and know I've got the real deal. 

The baseline are very nice but very expensive, plus if you are talking about the normal one with the dial you can sort if cheat though and jerk the needle around higher to produce a higher result. The digital one would be fine but that is insanely expensive. Maybe if I win the lottery I'll buy a baseline lol.

This wasn't cheap though ethier at $200 delivered but still way cheaper than a baseline or jamar. I like the look of these with the metal frame and the handles are more like grippers so I like that feel. 

I also like that there is an official leaderboard for the GM, it'll be fun to Try and climb that once I'm stronger. 

Edited by mcalpine1986

8 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

I also looked at the Chinese equivalent but they were all from sellers with zero feedback and new items so I didn't trust the listings. I'd rather pay more and know I've got the real deal. 

The baseline are very nice but very expensive, plus if you are talking about the normal one with the dial you can sort if cheat though and jerk the needle around higher to produce a higher result. The digital one would be fine but that is insanely expensive. Maybe if I win the lottery I'll buy a baseline lol.

This wasn't cheap though ethier at $200 delivered but still way cheaper than a baseline or jamar. I like the look of these with the metal frame and the handles are more like grippers so I like that feel. 

I also like that there is an official leaderboard for the GM, it'll be fun to Try and climb that once I'm stronger. 

The Baseline functional version (the most basic) isnt much more expensive, but as you mentioned there are no leaderboards and the physical design is less similar to grippers than the GM. 

The extra features like force production over time etc do seem pretty cool and likely useful, but most likely only have much use for those at the pinnacle of the sport looking to squeeze out every extra ounce of performance they can

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Slipshod said:

The Baseline functional version (the most basic) isnt much more expensive, but as you mentioned there are no leaderboards and the physical design is less similar to grippers than the GM. 

The extra features like force production over time etc do seem pretty cool and likely useful, but most likely only have much use for those at the pinnacle of the sport looking to squeeze out every extra ounce of performance they can

Yes but the basic baseline version only goes to 200lbs yes? 

The only problem with Analogue dial Dynos is you can jerk the handle as you squeeze and the needle will go around more increasing the result so it's easy to cheat a higher score. 

It would still be cool to have though, I looked into loads of different ones but settled on the GM. 

22 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

The only problem with Analogue dial Dynos is you can jerk the handle as you squeeze and the needle will go around more increasing the result so it's easy to cheat a higher score. 

It would still be cool to have though, I looked into loads of different ones but settled on the GM. 

The ones I've seen from them are only digital and do up to 300lbs, which is still less than the GM you have and at greater cost. I think generally speaking the GM is a better deal, whereas the baseline is probably more useful for its intended market - physiotherapists

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slipshod said:

The ones I've seen from them are only digital and do up to 300lbs, which is still less than the GM you have and at greater cost. I think generally speaking the GM is a better deal, whereas the baseline is probably more useful for its intended market - physiotherapists

If that's the case then that's very cheap, here in the UK the cheapest I've seen is £300 or so without delivery so that's about $380. That's a great price.

Yeah I agree the baseline is probably better for people in that field rather than Gripsters testing their hands.

On 1/13/2024 at 8:00 AM, mcalpine1986 said:

Hi. I own all three: Baseline BIMS Functional, GD-150 and Grippermania GM-150. Since I'm in the USA, the Baseline was the cheapest at $126 on Amazon, the Korean one was next at around $135 and with shipping, Russian was $210 USD. I like the quality and differences of all three. The Baseline (digital) goes to 300 lb (136kg). I believe it tops out there, where the others will register higher than 150kg which is what their max is designed for (hence the name), since people are getting >160kg.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, degradated said:

Hi. I own all three: Baseline BIMS Functional, GD-150 and Grippermania GM-150. Since I'm in the USA, the Baseline was the cheapest at $126 on Amazon, the Korean one was next at around $135 and with shipping, Russian was $210 USD. I like the quality and differences of all three. The Baseline (digital) goes to 300 lb (136kg). I believe it tops out there, where the others will register higher than 150kg which is what their max is designed for (hence the name), since people are getting >160kg.

That's a lot of $ just on Dynos, a man of Great taste I see lol.

yeah the GM doesn't have a limit as far as I'm aware. Someone here posted they had done 182kg I think using 2 hands.

I paid $200 for my GM shipped to the UK and that worked out at £164 for me.

I'm nowhere near the monsters getting 150kg plus! 

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 2