(New) Female grip athletes?

martincerven

I managed to convert two of my friends to grippers, one of them is a girl/woman. I gave her 50 STD Tin to train, and today she almost closed 60 Zn. I think she could close 100ish grippers in year or two. One thing that is mind-blowing is the length of her fingers, its 19cm. Second photo is comparison with my hand which is only half cm longer. Do you personally know any girls/women who close grippers? I think the #2 Ironmind cert is very much achievable for them.

IMG_0416.jpeg

IMG_0417.jpeg

• Like 5

She has a longer hand length than the average for women (the average is about 17.27cm or 6.8in if I remember right). That will likely help her, and if she sticks to it she has a good chance for impressive closes. That being said, I'd love to see more women in the sport and community. Will be cool to see her progress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HandsMcHanderson said:

She has a longer hand length than the average for women (the average is about 17.27cm or 6.8in if I remember right). That will likely help her, and if she sticks to it she has a good chance for impressive closes. That being said, I'd love to see more women in the sport and community. Will be cool to see her progress.

She almost has longer hand than male average 😅  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, martincerven said:

She almost has longer hand than male average 😅  

Yeah, male is like 7.6in or 19.3 cm so she is doing well. As always there are some pretty big outliers in those data sets, especially for people that are very tall. Is she a taller woman?

Good job getting her into it. None of the ladies around me are interested.

Grippers,  not really.

I do coach a lady (Emma Hunt) that can do 270 on an axle DO. And 135 for reps on a rolling handle.

My fiancee (Julia Mills) has a ridiculous grip for powerlifting,  she has a 575lb barehanded deadlift,  the strength from that carried over to allow her to lift a 120lb "inch" thumbless and level. Julia has also lifted a 40lb "blob".

Both these girls could certify on the #2, however over here in the UK Grippers aren't very popular and never appear in contests. 

• Like 4