Have u seen this bad boy before?-Dragon’s tooth

Beetle

This medieval torture device looking toy is the most humbling grip tool I've ever used.First saw this on one of Jujimufu’s videos.Then asked local welder/equipment guy to make one for me too.My guy himself is competent arm wrestler and only managed to lift 2kg+loading pin with it.4 years ago,world record was 12kgs.I only managed to dangle 5kg few millimeters of the ground for a moment vertically but can train with 90 degrees sideways bend positon.If I remember correctly,rules were

1-don’t grab from the bottom

2-side of the pyramid cannot touch the chain.In other word u cant bend it more than 90 degrees

any ideas about how to train with this bad boy,volume of workout and grip variations?Im looking forward to learn and discuss

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Beetle said:

world record

@dubyagrip has entered the chat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That looks brutal. I wonder who made the one Juji used/what the dimensions of the pyramid were. I've looked around a bit and it's not easy to find much about that's for sure. I'm a sucker for odd stuff like this even though it's not going to be very helpful towards any of my goals.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, HandsMcHanderson said:

That looks brutal. I wonder who made the one Juji used/what the dimensions of the pyramid were. I've looked around a bit and it's not easy to find much about that's for sure. I'm a sucker for odd stuff like this even though it's not going to be very helpful towards any of my goals.

Dived little deep on if.Its originated from gym in Fourth Wayne Indiana by John O’connor.He might get u one.I think horizontal lifting can offer some benefits if u have an arm wrestling goal.Trains bottom 2 fingers unlike anything 

• Like 1

I did see the Adam Turner post on Reddit mentioning that his was from John O'connor, but wasn't sure if that was the same as the one Juju used, or what the dimensions were. Looks like John is into Mas Wrestling which I didn't know was a thing but I bet he would fit in around here. I may reach out just to ask the dimensions. I grew up in a machine shop and my son is a welder so I'm sure we could cobble something together. What dimensions did you end up going with?

I've mainly been working on multispinner and wrist wrench stuff for armwrestling. I did order a WristMax to hit the fingers more in the cup but haven't received it yet. Seems you would really have to micro load the Dragon's Tooth.

13 hours ago, HandsMcHanderson said:

I did see the Adam Turner post on Reddit mentioning that his was from John O'connor, but wasn't sure if that was the same as the one Juju used, or what the dimensions were. Looks like John is into Mas Wrestling which I didn't know was a thing but I bet he would fit in around here. I may reach out just to ask the dimensions. I grew up in a machine shop and my son is a welder so I'm sure we could cobble something together. What dimensions did you end up going with?

I've mainly been working on multispinner and wrist wrench stuff for armwrestling. I did order a WristMax to hit the fingers more in the cup but haven't received it yet. Seems you would really have to micro load the Dragon's Tooth.

Bottom square is 15cms .Lenght of each side at the base is around 17,5 cms.I might be trippin but i think one Juji had is slight smaller than mine or maybe they just have huge hands

Edited by Beetle
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 3:22 PM, HandsMcHanderson said:

Might be able to ask someone at The Training Hall, pretty sure Odd Haugen has one.

9 hours ago, devinhoo said:

Might be able to ask someone at The Training Hall, pretty sure Odd Haugen has one.

Yess.His is the one that inspired me and my toy.

• Like 1

Update-Finally managed to lift 5kgs+equipment with my left hand vertically.Horizontally i did dangled 10kgs few millimeters of the ground but still can’t lift it clean.Never felt this happy for a lift in my life

• Like 1

Looks really difficult to grip