Choker advice

A.J. Valcarcel

Hello gripsters!!! I need some advice on RGC for my next choker.

I’ll be closing my 96 RGC Standard Au in the next week and I’m about 10mm from closing my 107 RGC Pt Dud (narrow spread). 

Is a choker in the low 120’s appropriate at this point, or should I target something around 115-120?

IMO, you ideally want something you can close for sets and reps in the choker. I think most people go too high. If you're still 10 mm from closing a 107, then I think you should actually get like a 100-107 choker. Like a #2. Work it from choked out to a full rep and it can be your goal gripper. 

• Like 2

My Au has a choker already. It sounds like I can do more work from different choked positions for reps on it to help close my 107.  Thank you for the insight!

I think there is some worth in using a gripper that you can only do 1-2 reps in the choker with moreso just to get used to the peak strenggh part. However as already mentioned, the bulk should be something that you can do a few reps with for multiple sets

• Like 1