Standard Nickel!

Cannon

Nickel is unlike other Standard grippers. Three different mountings were used to purposefully make the strength vary. In general, as the grippers get harder, they just keep getting wider. 

All Nickel grippers are pre-rated and listed with a spread. 

These will be restocked frequently!

https://cannonpowerworks.com/products/nickel-ni

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Scottex92 said:

Woah, with this you now can get a nice #3 RGC while getting that sweet SG knurling!! 

I had planned for more of these to fall in the 150s and I think over time more will. But it was surprising for the ones I grabbed that only 1 was in the 150s :erm

• Like 1

What do you expect to be the full range? Will it probably be like what we already see: ~145-167?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

What do you expect to be the full range? Will it probably be like what we already see: ~145-167?

Yes that’s going to be more or less the limits. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Busa said:

Just need a restock think they sold out already.

There are still technically 10 available (multiples at some levels). Next restock will likely be after the first of the year. We have a lot of EOY stuff to wrap up :cool

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Yes that’s going to be more or less the limits. 

That range should help anyone looking to fill in gaps above or below their CoC #3.  The mix of widths is a cool way to add variation as well...

I will admit I thought I was posting a ~4 day supply that would close out the year. I didn't really think almost all these would sell in under an hour. :whistel

Basically what we did here is sort the springs into 3 piles. They are all pretty wide, but the 3 piles were least wide, wide, and very wide. 

Then I used 3 different mounts to strategically make them vary as must as possible. The widest springs got the deepest mount so they would be as hard as possible. Then the least wide springs got a more shallow mount to make them as easy as possible. Then the batch in the middle (which was supposed to be the 150s batch but most were 148/149). 

• Like 8

Been away from the forum for a bit, awesome to see these things and love the touch of adding the spreads on the gripper listings! Would love to snag one from the next batch.

• Like 2

Got my 167 today - whoa is that MF something to look at.  Will try it next workout.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Got my 167 today - whoa is that MF something to look at.  Will try it next workout.

Yeah, I got my 166 today, and it is comically wide. I, unfortunately, will NOT be attempting mine at my next workout. Or any workout for a very long time haha. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, C8Myotome said:

I wasn't paying attention and completely missed out on this one

There will be a lot more :) 

• Like 2

I’ll be watching and waiting I don’t wanna miss out

• Like 1

I check CPW like other people check Twitter. Always waiting for that new rated gripper to show up

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I ended up filing my super wide error model iron from 158 to 162 which was basically nickel now before there was a nickel, it has a 3.2 inch spread now and I did a triple almost 4 reps with it the other day, I think I would have no problem even even the hardest of nickel grippers. And still be tempted to file one lol

• Like 1

I just ordered one

IMG_4939copy.thumb.jpg.ccee934271fa56193d12a5011ca060e4.jpgIMG_4940copy.thumb.jpg.d62377a85a2e0b650652eba2ca8b66e7.jpgIMG_4941copy.thumb.jpg.929ba9995ccd397a3ca6d45e7eae2d83.jpg

Got this Standard Nickel that was initially rated 169 rgc with an 85mm spread, but asked Matt to file it as much as possible, and it came out to 178 rgc with an 89.58mm spread (might even be closer to 89.9mm-90.0mm depending on how meticulously one performs the measurement). Needless to say, this is an extremely wide gripper, which is what I was going for - one of the widest grippers on the planet.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jared P said:

IMG_4939copy.thumb.jpg.ccee934271fa56193d12a5011ca060e4.jpgIMG_4940copy.thumb.jpg.d62377a85a2e0b650652eba2ca8b66e7.jpgIMG_4941copy.thumb.jpg.929ba9995ccd397a3ca6d45e7eae2d83.jpg

Got this Standard Nickel that was initially rated 169 rgc with an 85mm spread, but asked Matt to file it as much as possible, and it came out to 178 rgc with an 89.58mm spread (might even be closer to 89.9mm-90.0mm depending on how meticulously one performs the measurement). Needless to say, this is an extremely wide gripper, which is what I was going for - one of the widest grippers on the planet.

If you file the other handle in the same amount (+4 mm), that could reach circa 187 lb RGC! I might have a hard time setting it, but that's an excellent piece for collection, and I'm waiting for my third wide Iron/Nickel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1