Seasoning Grippers

Sonny

I'm kind of confused about how grippers get seasoned over time. Basically, my gripper training revolves around doing a lot of reps. I progress better this way and it's a little easier on my joints, but as I'm getting stronger I'm wondering if I am REALLY PROGRESSING or if the gripper is just getting easier because the coils are going slack. I think I recall reading in another post that they get easier after so many closes and then they stop, but for the life of my I can't find that thread!

Opinions vary, but the spring gets easier until 50 reps or so, then it's strength doesnt' change anymore.

I usually don't even try to fit the gripper into my collection until I've put in 50-70 clososes in on it. Then once the strength settles down I judge it.

I usually don't even try to fit the gripper into my collection until I've put in 50-70 clososes in on it. Then once the strength settles down I judge it.

So do you discard the grippers that don't "make it?"

My #1 is feeling really easy to me, I can no set close it once, but I can only close the #2 twice! I maintain the coils with oil and I store each gripper in an old cloth to keep the moisture away!

I wouldn't really worry about it, i've found that seasoning only accounts for a small strength difference. . If you're progressing then you're doing well.

I don't throw them away ever, but until I know what their strength is I don't know where it ranks compared to my other grippers.