Bbe

hooligan

I know it is in the FAQ, unfortunately, there is so much conflicting info in that post (probably due to gripper variances, etc) that I still didn't get a good solid answer...

I need a gripper between a 2 and a 3. Is the BBE the way to go?

I also have some Heavygrip 250 and 300's on the way, how does a HG 250 rate against the #2?

And finally: I trained grip really hard for a couple of days last week, and now my forearms and hands are literally KILLING me after a regular workout with weights. I will not prostitute myself into using straps, I just need to know... should I have a doctor look into this? It feels like tendonitis (have had that in both hips for a few years). I was up to 4 reps with the #2, now I am lucky to mash my #1. I brought my Trainer to do some rehab gripping today, and the pain isn't bad if I keep the reps low.

I need a gripper between a 2 and a 3. Is the BBE the way to go?
No. Typically the BBE is harder than the #3-about a 3.3 or so. Some of the older ones may be a bit easier-but the new ones are certainly harder!
I also have some Heavygrip 250 and 300's on the way, how does a HG 250 rate against the #2?

My HG 250 feels like a 2.7 or 2.8 at best. 300 is a good stout gripper-harder than most #3s but not all.

I will not prostitute myself into using straps, I just need to know... should I have a doctor look into this? It feels like tendonitis (have had that in both hips for a few years). I was up to 4 reps with the #2, now I am lucky to mash my #1. I brought my Trainer to do some rehab gripping today, and the pain isn't bad if I keep the reps low.

Welcome to Club Pain :devil enjoy your stay ;)

Seriously, I would not worry about it. If it isnt localized pain then dont sweat it-you will get stronger. Hand therapy-hot soaks pre workout, dexterity balls, towel roll-ups, hot/cold soaks post workout, sleeping with warm mittens on, wax treatments. These all work and are worth the time and effort.

Rick Walker :rock

gotcha rick...

So I would probably need to shoot for a BBGM, along with my hg250...

the pain really is a shooting pain that starts at my wrist on the pinky side, and climbs my arm until 3/4ths of the way to my elbow... It has gotten more bearable since I brought my IM Trainer to work and have been mashing it, I will consider the wax, but mittens are hard to come by in the Sunshine state... even in our current "frigid" 58* degrees LOL

On the bright side, my farmer's walk performance has skyrocketted since I started working grippers heavy again. Tuesday I took an "effortless" 254lbs for 40ft stroll, and I plan on 275 for 50 during Strongman practice on Saturday.

Edited by hooligan

hooligan, whats up bro. i coundn't tell you about the grippers but just to let you know pain i think is normal for a weak or so post w/o. i personally only grip 1 time a weak and maybe 1 light day. i never do more than 2 reps just about 6/7 heavy singles. this doen't include warm up. strap holds and strap deadlifts are the meat of my meal.

on rehab. i want to agree totally with rick. in any given weak i probally do almost all of these. i also at times wrap my wrists.

good luck bro.... :D

hooligan and the rest of you guys - if you start waking up in the middle of the night with numbness in your hands or wrists or arms, go see a Dr. pronto. TRUST ME. I wouldn't be as miserable as I am today if I hadn't waited too long to go see a Doc.

hooligan and the rest of you guys - if you start waking up in the middle of the night with numbness in your hands or wrists or arms, go see a Dr. pronto. TRUST ME. I wouldn't be as miserable as I am today if I hadn't waited too long to go see a Doc.

I get numbness when I am driving, because I have a pinched nerve in my right shoulder blade. I never have numbness when I asleep, except before I started losing my weight. 400lbs on a 6' 1" frame can kill a man, especially when he is sedentary.

Sorry to hear about the pinched nerve, but that's great that you lost weight and no longer have the nighttime numbness. I'm sure you're glad to be rid of the both.

The GM has the same spring as #3, so it'll be real close to a #3 could be harder or easier. the SM is an inbetween gripper, about a 2.5

-HH

The SM and GM are your best bet. If you call Warren he can set the spring where you want it and make the gripper to your strength. Handles slid about 1/8 on the SM would be like 2.3 to the GM would likley be a 2.8. Unless you had an extremly hard 2 or easy 3 this shoukld work.

JeffPeterson is giving good advice. I got a custom SE from Warren and it was worth it!

-HH

My heavy grip 250 is about a 2.4 to 2.5.

My heavy grip 200 is about a 2.8 or 2.9

Did you mean your heavygrip 300 was a 2.8-2.9, or are they that inconsistent that the 200 is harder than the 250?

I will look into an SM, especially if I cannot close the HG 250 (should have paid the extra 1.50 to get it airmailed :( )