Who Has Blobs For Sale?

Clay Edgin

My training partner has been bitten by the grip bug bigtime recently. He has devoured both of Brookfield's books and is pumped to get some blobs. Is anyone selling theirs?

I just looked at my 30's yesterday and I have some of those. I can look at my 35's and 25's to see what I have, but I don't have anything over a 35 right now.

BC.

"Blobs for Sale!

Advertising young blobs for sale,

Who would like to pay the price,

for a trip to Paradise?

Blobs for Sale!"

I wish i could buy them here in France :cry

I think a 30lb blob is what he wants initially. I have emailed him this thread. Thanks guys.

He didn't really eat the book...more like licked the pages until the words and pictures were gone...weird guy.

I made my first 30 lb.(Yorks...but hex) blobs about 2 months ago, based on MOHS suggestion. It seems like my strength has increased rapidly, lifting them about once weekly. I lifted them on my first try with either hand but couldn't lift either one on my 2nd session.

Now I can lift the 30 with any 2 fingers, and sometimes with my index or middle finger if one of those fingers touches the back of the other. I don't know what my next blob should be, I'm leaning towards 40 pounders, but wonder if I should go to 45s and just provide lessening assistance with the off-hand. I have a blob lined up at some point in the future, after a bent (non-hex) dumbell in my gym breaks.

Strangely enough, pinching 2 of the very slippery 25 lb plates in my gym is still challenging, and I can't budge the 35's yet. 35 is also very hard with the (new, slippery & thick) IM pinch block, but I did 75 with 2 hands today.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Odin - you're not alone, i can lift the 40lbs york blob and still can't get 2 35's off the ground. To see where you stand, try duct taping a 5 lbs or 10lbs plate to the bottom of your current block weight and see how easy that is. I found that this is an ok indicator of what block weight you can use, but not etched in stone. As the bigger the blob the more the width increases, but it gives you a pretty good general idea of where you stand.

PS i'd go to that gym and play w/ the 100lbs dumbell every day till the damn thing breaks :)

i'd go to that gym and play w/ the 100lbs dumbell every day till the damn thing breaks 

I was joking about that with my training partner today. Perhaps I should start doing shrugs (about the only exercise I could even attempt) with it and dropping it repeatedly, perhaps on the edge of the power rack or DB rack. :)

Thanks for the tip, I'll try before I buy.

Edited by odin

Get Blobs while you still can...York Barbell has stopped making cast dumbbells.

Does this affect the status of the 'blob' as a standard of strength in anyone's opinion? This is the reason I bought a hex dumbell instead: more affordable and much easier to find. Dick's sporting goods had a 75lb hex for .39 a pound, so 30 bucks for two 37.5 hexs w/ no shipping costs. IMO it is like comparing the inch to rolling thunder record, 1 is more of a novelty due to its cost and availibility, the other became much more prolific and more of a 'standard'. Just curious where you all think block weight standards will be in a year or two from now.

-Mike

Z-man i understand your point but remember york has been making dumbells for a LONG time. More and more people will start using the hex but i still believe the york blob will be the standard for a long time, it wasn't like they had a brief limited run or cost nearly as much as the inch does.

I talked to york today they have a couple of 50's and a couple of 60's left, if you need any help gettinf these feel free to email at shop@bsolympicgym.com, you know troy barbell has some that look alot like the old yorks, Im gonna call and get some info.

Scott

I talked to york today they have a couple of 50's and a couple of 60's left, if you need any help gettinf these feel free to email at shop@bsolympicgym.com, you know troy barbell has some that look alot like the old yorks, Im gonna call and get some info.

Scott

Thanks Scott! I just checked their site, and specifically, it is the VTX America (sub of Troy) brand of solid cast dumbells that look like the York and Ivanko cast dumbells. I emailed them for a price quote.

Have you looked at P.D.A's loadable blobette.It's the size of the end of a 100lb. york d.b.and you can fill it with sand or shot to make it heavier.It's about six lbs. empty i think and can be made to about sixtylbs. filled with lead shot.

Hey Steve B. is there any chance that you might be Steve Bourgeois looking to gain an advantage in the world of grip training ?

• 2 weeks later...

Question: is the price of the blobs set in stone by the Blob Syndicate??

It's a product we make... kinda like diamonds which are set by the DeBeers... ha ha!! :laugh:tongue:laugh

Question:  is the price of the blobs set in stone by the Blob Syndicate??

I sure hope that's a joke.

BC.

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHA! :laugh

I sure hope that's a joke.

What do you think?? :rolleyes

• 2 weeks later...

I still have blobs for sale.

Email me at: Sybersnott@yahoo.com