Shaolin Grippers

JKoch

Oh, if only I could get a #4 mounted that shallow.............I still probably couldn't close it :D

coincidentally, i just found out about these grippers yesterday when a guy in my bjj club produced two after training. he had the 175# and 225# ones. i was able to no-set close the 225 right-handed and rep it left-handed with a set (ie- felt roughly the same as my coc #2).

overall, the grippers seemed to be well made, with the spring solidly set in the handle, and a consistent handle spread (at least between those two particular grippers). the knurling was lighter than the coc's and the handles might have been thinner, but if they were, only slightly.

the only real problem with the grippers is that they were soft. the sweep was kind of 'spongy' feeling, making it easier to no-set close than other grippers with similar poundage ratings. i would guess (purely conjecture, having not seen the harder two grippers) if all of this company's grippers are the same, a solid coc #3 closer should have no problem with the 275, and would probably do well on the 325 also (maybe for the stronger 3 closers it'd be no problem?).

hope that is of some use

jeff