Heavy Grips

Rick Walker

Came early-they said 1 to 2 weeks and it took 3 days? That is cool-I dont mind! :D

I opened them up. All of my handles are tight and all of them match up. I closed the 100, 150, 200, 250 like nothing without chalk. The 300 will go down with chalk-it feels like my step-sons new #3 in strength.

The handle spreads are whacky!

The 100 is 2 7/8".

150 is 3 1/4"

200 is 2 3/4"

250 is 2 7/8"

300 is 2 3/4"

How about that 150??? Funky wide.

Over all they arent bad and are a nice add to my collection. For $60-I would certianly reccomend them to any gripper collector-

Rick Walker :rock

Edited: I chalked up and the 300 went down. Good stout gripper.

Edited by Rick Walker

Sounds like a hell of a bargain!! :cool I've been kicking it( buying) around.....i'm broke at the moment but looks like a "bag o' fun"for just $60.

Probably so far below your strength level that you might not notice but how does that 100 compare to a trainer?or a #1????Is the 150 like a #1??

Thanks

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

To answer your question Tom I handed them to my wife.

She claims the 100 is easier than the #T and the 150 is a little harder than the #1 due to its enourmous handles spread.

I, myself, couldnt really tell the difference-

R-

I think I caught them during their Christmas special ;)

Rick,

Is the spring chrome on these or charcoal ?

and...Do they have the stopper on the spring like the walmart/kmart grippers.

The heavygrips website shows 2 different grippers.

Thanks in advance Bro.

To answer your question Tom I handed them to my wife.

She claims the 100 is easier than the #T and the 150 is a little harder than the #1 due to its enourmous handles spread.

I, myself, couldnt really tell the difference-

Thanks.

Good info....what a bargain.

Charcoal/black spring color.

No stopper on spring.

There is some glue on the handles where it overflowed out of the spring holes-not exactly a pretty gripper like the RBs or anything-but for $12 a gripper-not a bad deal!

Good #3 closers will have no problems with any of them.

Tom, I also have the heavy grip collection. I received them a little over a week ago. The 100 is equal to the trainer. The 150 is about the strength of my filed #1, maybe a tad harder, where the 200, 250, and 300 are all easer than their respective equivalents.

Like I posted before I love mine. I wish the 300 was harder though. They were dropped off after an intense grip day and without chalk I was still able to rep out on it.

I don't use chalk and I noticed that Rick mentioned that the 300 would probably go with chalk, and later mentioned that he closed it wit the chalk. I have the heavy grips and can close the 100-200 and I am getting close on the 250. If I started using chalk would I get some improvement on the harder grippers?

Very interested.. Greg

expand the above pic. bottom right hand corner

I just got the "Gripmaster Combo" package, with the 250 and 300. Because of overstock, they are selling the two of these for $30.00 in a package deal.

Cool, I bought that combo also yesterday! I'm hoping for a 2.3 and a 2.9 but we'll see. $1.50 extra for air mail shipping, $37.50 overall which is great for 2 grippers in my book! (Here's hoping for 3 days shipping like Rick)

Fast shipping!! Arrived today, ordered on the 7th around 9 pm and got them today the 10th at 2pm. The 250 is harder than my 2, but easier that my pda .280, maybe a 2.5? My 300 is harder than my 3 by a tad. Since I can't close either without pressing agaisnt my leg, I hesitate to define it as a 3.x. :)

Overall, they look nice, esp the 250. Black spring w/ no stopper, neither has any glue drips on the handle. I saw an old post by Eric where he mentioned his dogleg handle was set much lower than the other. My 300 is like this, the dogleg handle is set about 1/4inch low (meaning the spring should have gone into the handle further), the spread on both grippers is about 2 7/8".

Overall I'm very impressed considering they were only $15 each. I now have 7, a long way from Rick!!

It's good you're up to 7. I think the fastest way to progress on grippers is once you've closed one go after one that is slightly harder. A big variety of grippers is a must for me.

Thanks Jeff, I actually went through my credit card receipts and made a list of exactly when I bought every gripper, and when I officially closed a gripper. I notice that I ordered my IM #2 almost 5 months after my T and #1. I wondered why it took so long, and then realized I was doing the whole "Once you can rep a gripper 10 or so times you should move on to a harder gripper"!!

Those days are DONE :D I love the variety and I love the challenge of doing a few reps with the # 2, and knowing that is just a stepping stone since the HG250, PDA.280, # 3, etc all await! I hope to be in your company some day :bow

That's exactly how I feel too about it. You're always just below a harder gripper. It keeps me very motivated. I honestly don't know the last time I did reps.

Z-man, does your pda 280 rate about a 2.7 or more. I am trying to get as many tweeners for the #2 and #3?

Yes, it is a 2.8 IMO. Easier on the sweep, hard at the close. I like it a lot, the sweep on the #3 is so tough for that I need a deep set JUST to do a negative. W/ the .280, it is more of a natural feeling to squeeze and push it against my leg. Hope you get what I'm saying, I can't close either on my own but a 2.8 feel right!