Bend-a-thon

SHRUG

There is going to be a bend-a-thon tomorrow at 7pm. Most grade 5's bent in 90 minutes wins. Also shortest piece of 1/4" crs wins. The 1/4" crs will be bent at the start of the bend-a-thon before the start of the grade 5's. Also if you only have 60D's or are limited to 60D's there will be a category for 60D benders, most 60D's bent in 90 minutes wins. Also the shortest piece of 1/4" crs is optional. So far only Dave M and myself are participating in this bend-a-thon. We are going to log onto the chat after we are finished bending and talk about how it went and determine the winner. This is just for fun, would anyone like to compete? :rock

Edited by SHRUG

Sounds fun. Gotta work out @ about 9pm tomorrow night, so I'll have to decline. But I haven't whacked a grade 5 yet anyways. Tell ya what, you guys use Grade 5's and I'll use Timber Ties and try to keep up. :blush

So are you going to participate using timber ties tomorrow?

Nah, I gotta do cleans afterwards, so I better save my wrists. I will, however take that as an opportunity to take a whack at a single grade 5, though. If something changes and I end up getting the workout in earlier, I'll join in with something. Maybe 5" x 1/4" for quantity?

This is just for fun, would anyone like to compete?  :rock

I'd like to. I'm already in trouble with my domestic boss for the way too lengthy bendgripathon I partook of with Weldon and Chris last night, but if I can sneek in some bending tonight, I'll give it a whirl.

With my limited supply of grade 5s, not to mention their 50 cent price tag, I'll probably compete with my medium tough 60 Ds. I'm supposed to be resting, but since I don't know if the Lord allows bending in heaven, I'd better get all the nails I can here on earth. ;):D

So I bend from 7 to 830 Eastern time? Oh, and can you two monsters please give me a 20 nail headstart?

Edited by EricMilfeld

I got 25 grade 5's in 1 hour and 27 minutes. I could have got more but I did not have any of the bolts prewrapped and it took a lot of time to wrap them. I aslo did not take any break between bends other than the time it took to wrap the bolts. :rock

Dave M. got 31, with 15 pre-wrapped, about 70 minutes. You guys are nuts. I can't wait until the Grade 5 goes down like that for me.

You guys need to have Vegas Showgirl assistants handing you pre-wrapped bolts. :D

Thats incredible... :bow

Great job guys! I have a questions for Dave-How long did it take you to bend your 270kg bar from start to finish. Shrug said it took him about a minute, and I am curious as to how long another top bender like you took to bend this. Thanks.

3crusher,

on the 270, i got a good intial bend, kinda surpised me too, but dint git enuff of a bend and it got stuck at the 45-60 degree mark. worked my but off for 5 minutes to git to 90 so i could go to chest crush.

next time im not gona let up with the intial bend so early

plus, that showed me i need to stay in the 247.5-260k range for awhile to git some more partice on technique and work my wrists some more.

I sure wish I could have participated, but my wife had other plans for me.

Great job guys!